Chapter 17

I pull away from the hug. "Mom didn't want to tell you, because she didn't want you to think of dad that way. She was trying to protect him and keep our family the same way it has always been." Mike says
I stay silent. "Can I be alone?" I ask
He stops fiddling with his hands and looks up, wondering if I was in the state to be left alone. After a moment of consideration he looks into my eyes and gets up "ok" he say softly. He leaves the room and shuts the door. As soon as he shuts that door, I sob. Quietly, only my sniffles and whimpers to be heard. I scream into my pillow in frustration. I give up and lie there staring at the ceiling with tears streaming down my face. My thoughts racing through my head like a competition. With the only energy I have left, I stand up wipe my tears and leave the room. Running downstairs to my parents. My dad quickly gets up when he sees me rushing to hold me.
"No!" I scream pushing his hands away. The tears that I wiped off coming back again. "How could you!?!?" I screamed full on sobbing.
"Y/n" my dad speaks softly.
"No, no your a liar and a cheater." I say pausing to breath. "I never want to see you again"
Now tears form in his eyes. I feel bad, no matter what he was still my father and I still loved him. I made him cry, and that hurt me more. I broke down crying even more. I fell to my knees, and my face in my hands. My mom got up and kneeled down hugging me. My sobs filled the house. I don't remember anything after that, but I woke up in my bed the next morning. My eyes puffy and red, and dried up tears on my face. I looked horrible. I didn't feel like getting up or seeing anyone that day. And so I didn't. I stayed in my bed all day. Not moving at all. Tom texted me, but I wasn't in the mood. I was in bed that day, when I get a knock on my door.
"Go away" I say towards the door with my voice all groggily
I slump back down in my bed. "Y/n it's me" the voice behind the door said. The voice I recognize immediately. The voice I could pick out of thousands of people. It was Tom. I didn't say anything and I guess he took my silence as an invitation to come in. He opened the door slowly and then normally the rest of the way. I hid my face under the covers, and I could hear his footsteps walking over to me.
"Y/n" he started and waited to see if I would reply. Which I didn't. "Please talk to me, I don't understand how you feel but I can only imagine y/n." He reached his hand out and pulled down the blanket to reveal my tear stained face and my red puffy eyes. "I don't like seeing you like this y/n"
Another tear fell out and he immediately gently wiped it away. He stared at me for a while before I decided I should speak. I sat up straight on my bed and took his hand in mine. I looked up at him "I'm sorry tom, I should've at least texted, but I was so confused over everything, and the last thing I want to do is ignore you. Thank you for coming, I really needed to hear your voice" I said smiling as I finished.
He smiled looking down at my hand and then back up at me. "I really needed to hear yours to"
I smiled and gave him a quick kiss on his cheek.

After a while of talking, I had cheered up. Talking to tom was literally all I needed. Who knew one person could just make you laugh during one of your darkest times. One person who could just make your day by just smiling. Who knew.