Second chance

"Never let and old flame burn you twice"

*Y/Ns POV*
Lunch was weird, because of Tom but I chose to ignore it. It hard to eat when someone stares right at you. I putting my books away and going to go to lunch when, Tom came over.
"Hey y/n." He spoke
I was surprised by this but said hi anyway. He walked me to science and I walked to my seat. He was talking to the teacher and walked past me. The teacher looked up and called my name.
"Y/n and Emily switch places" I was confused but now I realized what tom was talking about. He even had the teachers wrapped around his finger.
I got up and went over there, but Emily didn't budge.
"What, why?" She whined.
The teacher gave her glare and she got up and went to my seat.
"So were partners again" he said with a soft smile.
"Guess so" I said whole opening my book.
There was a brief second of silence before I asked him my question.
"Why did u ask for me to sit here?"
"Oh because Emily wouldn't stop flirting with me, and your more fun."
I faced him
"I thought u liked it when people flirted with u" I said
He licked his lips "I do" he started "but, she was getting annoying and I missed talking to u" he finished
I wasn't expecting him to say that.
I rolled my eyes "uh huh" I spoke sarcastically
"What, u don't believe me?" He said
I chuckled "I'm not sleeping with u Tom" I said looking up at him for second while grabbing another pen
He shook his head "that's not why your here, I-I just was annoyed my Emily"
I put my hands up "Ok whatever u say"
He laughed and started talking about random things. I was doing the work but he was helping somewhat. He was actually pretty smart. He would make the most random stupid jokes, but it was funny. Before I knew it, class was over. I actually missed talking to him, maybe he had changed. I left and he started walking with me.
"R u free today after school?" He asked
"Ya, why?" I asked
"Well maybe u can co-come over?" He stuttered
He saw me thinking and said "and I promise I won't kiss u this time"
I laughed "ok ya, text me" I said walking into my class. I hope he's changed, I mean it's been three months.
When I got back home, my dad wasn't home yet as per usual. I got a snack and went to my room, I started going on my laptop, watched videos and did some homework. I did homework but got distracted by the music. I started dancing around for a good minute when I got a text. It was a video from tom, I opened it. It was a video of me dancing, I looked out my window and saw tom dying laughter. "I hate u" I texted him. "U look adorable" he texted back. That made me blush and I texted back "whatever"
I looked up and saw him smiling down at his phone. Is that how I looked like? He looked up and I got another text "wanna come work on the project?" I replied "sure"
I grabbed my stuff and headed down the street. I was about to knock but the door opened. He told me no one was home and took me to his room. "I noticed the spider man merch and smiled to myself. It was cute.
We ended up finishing the project surprisingly, he helped.
"You know if you actually tried you could do good" I told him
He smirked "Did u just call me smart?"
I rolled my eyes "your anything but smart"
He put his hand on his chest as if he were offended "take that back" he gasped
I giggled "nope"
He got up and threw me over his shoulder
"Tom what are u doing?" I asked laughing
He put me down on his bed and started ticking me
"Tom...st-stop" I said laughing uncontrollably
He smirked "say that u think I'm the most handsome and smart in our school"
"Ok ok, your the most handsome and smart!" I said still laughing
He stopped tickling me, then as soon as I caught my breath I flipped him over and started trying to tickle him.
He started laughing and said "I'm not ticklish love"
The smile from my face faded as he started ticking me again. Eventually we stopped tackling each other and Tom on a movie. We laid on his bed. I slowly started to drift of to sleep on Toms shoulder. How classic.