Chapter 35

I go back to school tomorrow. Just the thought of going back makes me wanna curl up in a corner and die. To make matters worse I hadn't spoken to Tom since that night. It's been 3 days. Of course, he'd tried contacting me, but I didn't have it in me to respond. I lost my virginity to the guy who betted on it. Great right?

I face plant into my pillow and groan. I turn to lie on my back and stare at the ceiling. It was the middle of the day and the sun was hitting my bed through my window. I would love to just go out and soak up the sun but I haven't gone out since I've been back from the hospital.

A few months ago I would've been okay with Tom being the one I lost it to. But now it's like I've made the worst mistake of my life. Does this mean he's done with me? He got what he came for. But then why is he constantly texting me?

It pains me to think about us not talking. Us becoming strangers. After all the pain he's caused me, why do I still care about him?

*******

And just like that, it's the next day. I was anxiously waiting for Maya to pick me up. Tom doesn't know I'm coming back today and I didn't want to see him. I guess we all have to face our fears at some point.

Maya's car pulls into my driveway and I see her smiling through the glass. I get in and put on my seatbelt. It feels like I haven't been in her car for years.

"Ready?" She asks and I could sense the pity coming from her.

"Is anyone ever really ready for shit like this?"

She laughs and it brings a smile to my face. "I've missed you."

She pulls out of the driveway. "I missed you too." She gives me a comforting smile. "Don't worry about today, I'll have your back."

I look out the window taking in the route to school I haven't seen in so long. "You always do." I look back at her. "And I'll always have yours."

As if yesterday wasn't already fast enough, the car ride was faster.

"You got this come on." Maya encourages before getting out of the car.

I open the car door and step out. The rush of fresh air would normally feel refreshing but now it makes me nauseous. I can feel the eyes of others watching me like I'm their prey. Though, the unwanted attention is what I'm afraid of the least. Facing Kevin and Tom would be by far the worst.

Thankfully I didn't see either of them at the parking lot. The stares and whispers were getting pretty annoying.

I get to my locker and open it. Maya stands next to me glaring at the people who stare. "You don't have to do that you know." I laugh.

She shrugs, "it's the least I could do." She glares at another person until they look away and turns to me. "I swear everyone in this school has a staring problem."

I shut my locker and go to respond but I freeze in my tracks as soon as I recognize a very familiar laugh.

I turn around to see Kevin and friends leaning against the lockers across from us. His eyes were already on me and he had an evil smirk plastered on his face.

Seeing him made me realize how angry I am. I wasn't even nervous anymore, I was just mad. I'd love to rip that smile off his face.

"Ignore him," Maya whispers into my ear.

"I'll try my best."

But apparently, he wanted my attention. He walked towards me. "Back for seconds?"

"Get away from me." I hissed.

He steps closer. "Or what?"

Is he serious right now?

I don't even have time to register how fast my hand went up to his face. The sound of the hard impact made the whole hallway look over.

He stumbles back a little, his hand going to his cheek. He looks over at me in disbelief. I was just as shocked as he was and if I'm being honest maybe a little proud too.

"You bitch." He quickly comes closer and his hand comes at me with speed.

I close my eyes and brace for impact but it never comes.

I open my eyes and notice Kevin isn't glaring at me anymore and there's another hand gripping his wrist.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." The voice comes from beside me and Kevin. Tom.

How does he always manage to come at the perfect time?

"Or what?" Kevin spits.

"Is that the only thing you know how to say?" Tom asks. The smug smile Tom was wearing was pissing Kevin off.

Kevin sneers and his other hand races towards Tom's face. Thankfully Tom dodges it in time and with one swift move, he kicks Kevin to the ground. He goes hitting the lockers and clutches his stomach.

"You've got to stop picking fights you can't win," Tom says as if he's finding this to be amusing.

Kevin goes to get up not wanting to give up, but he earns another kick in the stomach. But this time it's not from Tom. To my surprise, it's Haz.

"I think you better just stay down mate." He says. Then he looks over at me and smiles. "This is kinda my way of saying sorry."

Before I get to react Maya unexpectedly strides to Kevin. "I'm sorry" she voiced.

He looks up at her just as confused as everyone else. "For what?"

"For this." And with one swift move, she takes her drink and dumps it all over him. A relieved grin forms on her lips. "I take it back, I'm not sorry." And she walks back to me with the biggest smile on her face.

I'm in shock at how quickly everything just happened. The day just started and so much has already happened. Though most of all I'm satisfied to see Kevin get humiliated in front of everyone.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I notice the crowd dispersing. "What's going on here? Everyone get to class!" A voice yells.

Before I have time to leave, I feel Tom's hand gradually find mine and pull me away.

——————————————-

I am so sorry for not updating for so long, I had no idea what to write😭

Also, I want to thank you guys sm because we just hit 100k reads! That's crazy to me I never expected people to actually read and enjoy this story. Thank you so much for all the support you guys are so kind :)