Epilogue

The sun peers through my window hitting my bed. My old drawer and bookshelf are partially covered in dust. Old school textbooks and papers look worn out. Time has passed but my room stayed the same. I'm surprised my mom and stepdad didn't change it while I was gone. They left it completely untouched without me even asking them to.

I smile sadly taking it in. So many memories in here and now it's all behind me. Sure I had visited home in the past 4 years but this time it was different. I had just graduated from college a year ago and I hadn't seen my room since before graduation. It felt different.

It was my last day visiting and who knows when I'd see my old room again. I was 18 when I left this room behind and now I'm 23. I mourn my younger self sometimes but still love the woman I am today.

"Taking it all in huh?" A voice says from behind me.

I turn around and see my stepdad. My mom had gotten married to the doctor she slept with 4 years ago. Their wedding was last fall. His name was Bill and I liked him. He turned out to be an alright guy and practically worships the ground my mom walks on. I haven't seen my real dad since he left and I'm glad I haven't. Bill was more of a father than my real dad ever was.

I laugh. "I can never get enough of it."

He cocks his head to the side. "Your mom wants you down for lunch."

I nod and we both walk downstairs. We head over to the dining table and I'm about to help her set the table when the doorbell rings.

Bill was already helping my mom so I head towards the door. We weren't expecting anybody so I figured it must be the mailman.

I open the door and my heart swells. In front of me are flowers and the only boy I've ever loved holding them. Tom.

A huge grin forms on my lips and I jump into his arms hugging him.

I pull away and kiss him. I had missed him so much. Okay, it had only been like a week since I saw him but still. I had missed him.

"What are you doing here? I thought you said you couldn't make it!" I pull him inside.

"I wanted to surprise you." He smiles.

I grab the flowers and set them aside. "Mom will be so happy when she sees you."

"He told me he was coming ages ago." My mom says. I hadn't realized she had come in.

Tom pulls my mom into a hug while Bill walks into the room.

"Been a while. How have you guys been?" Tom asks pulling away.

I stand near Tom and he wraps an arm around my waist. Even after years he never fails to give me butterflies.

"We're doing great Tom. Miss you kids though." My mom frowns.

"You should visit us some time mom," I say.

"We'll try. Maybe we'll come to see your new place."

"I'll book the tickets right now." Bill jokes.

With that, they leave Tom and me. I take him up to my old room so he can put his stuff there in the meantime. Although I was planning on leaving tonight so I have no idea why he's coming last minute.

As soon as the door closes I'm pushed up against it and his lips are on mine. My hands go behind his neck pulling him closer. His hands roam all over my body groping me anywhere he pleases.

Eventually, when we do pull apart I don't let him lean back in and place my hands on his chest. His hands rest around my waist pressing me close to him.