Chapter 22

I wipe my nose and shake my head, tears still falling out of my eyes. "No, no you have to be lying, Tom would never do this"

Maya takes my hands in hers and looks at me "y/n, I'm sorry"

I look into her eyes to see at least a tiny shred of dishonesty, but I couldn't. My head was believing her, even if it didn't want too but my heart wasn't. I remove my hands from hers and stand up, running a hand through my hair.

"No, your lying, how could you lie to me?" I say, choosing to follow my poor love sick heart.

She stands up, with a shocked expression on her face "Y/n I-"

"No maya, get out" I interject

She goes to open her mouth to argue with me, but she doesn't. She grabs her stuff and walks toward the door. "I'm really sorry y/n maybe you'll come to your senses soon" she says before opening the door and walking out, leaving me confused, not knowing what to believe.

I walk towards the door and lock it. I turn around and lean against the door, relived that was over. Even thought I didn't believe her, all that was running through my mind was if she was telling the truth.

A small sigh escapes my lips, as I sit down on my couch again leaning my back against it. I wipe my tears, and for a moment just stare at the ceiling thinking about absolutely nothing, but everything at the same time.

I'm interrupted when the door opens, and I sit up straight, turning to look at the door. I had locked it so it must've been my mom or my brother.

I walk over to the door and see my brother walk in through the door, smoking a cigarette. I wave a hand in my face, coughing not expecting him to be smoking in the house.

"Go smoke outside" I scold annoyed, that he smokes.

He raises his eyebrows, in a mockingly manner, "Sorry mom" he says, taking the cigarette out of his mouth.

I roll my eyes, closing the door and following him into the house, "I'm serious mike, it's bad for you"

He sighs and puts out the cigarette, "I know, just don't tell mom"

I shake my head in disappointment. Mom doesn't know he smokes, I didn't know either, till he got here and I caught him in the middle of the night. Mike says it relieves him and makes him feel good, and frankly I would never do it. I don't understand why someone would want to voluntarily ruin their health.

Leaving him there, I went up the stairs and sighed, looking at my prom dress.

What if what maya said was true?

My eyes glance towards, a picture of me and tom, hanging on my wall. He looked genuinely happy.

A ding from my phone, drags my eyes away, towards my phone. Picking it up I see that it's from Tom. A smile spreads across my face thinking about him.

Thomas❤️:
R u free right now?

Me:
Yes why?

Thomas❤️:
Because I'm on your porch come downstairs

Without responding to him I grab my purse, with my phone I my hand I rush downstairs.

I open the door and see Tom smiling "come on, I'm bored" he says grabbing my hand, and waiting for me to close the door.

I turn around locking the door before giving him a confused look, "what if I wasn't home"

He smirks "I can see you from my window love"

I smile getting in his car, shaking my head "creep"

Tom gasps, looking over at me pretending to be hurt.

After a few more minutes, Tom pulls up at an ice cream parlor. We both get out of the car and walk in. I heard the ding go off when we opened the door as well as the fresh cool air hitting my face.

We walked in, and  waited in line for few seconds before we got to the counter. The girl behind the counter immediately started to flirt with Tom.

"So would u like today?" She asked twirling her hair, looking at Tom like he was her prey.

"I would like rocky road, and my lovely girlfriend here would like?" He gestured to me, implying I was his girlfriend, making the girl stop smiling and stop twirling her.

"Cookies and cream" I said smiling, trying be generous. I could practically hear and see the girl scoffing and rolling her eyes inside her head.

Without saying anything she got us our ice creams, but not before winking at Tom, which he ignored by smiling and kissing me on the cheek.

We went a sat down in a corner, seeing people from the glass wall next to us. Me and tom joyfully ate our ice cream while talking about the most random things. I looked up at Tom, while Maya's voice appeared in my head. What if she was telling the truth and tom was being fake right now. Just thinking about it made me feel nauseous.

And apparently Tom noticed it too. "You okay?" He asked concerned. "You look a little pale" he pointed out.

I give him a small grin while nodding my head. "Uh no im fine." I stutter

He smiles before devouring the rest of his ice cream. I continue to look at him, with the same question running around my head.

What if it's true?

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I'm so stuck on what to write, this chapter was mostly just a filler. Sorry loves, but thanks for reading!!