Chapter 26

School.

The place I've been dreading to go.

The words I never thought I could hate more until right now.

Ever since Tom and me broke up, I've been dreading wanting to go to school. I haven't seen him since the night at the park.

I've made up with with maya so at least I won't be lonely as fuck.

I hope he'll just ignore me, pretend like nothing ever happened.

I let a muffled groan into my pillow while my hand reaches out to stop my screaming alarm clock.

After lying there for about 3 more seconds, I eventually sat up in my bed. I yawned while looking around my very messy messy room.

After getting ready I heading down stairs dreading how going to school was getting closer.

I make myself some coffee and maya pulls up to my house right on time.

I make my self to her car and groan while opening the door.

I get in and give her a big frown. "Can't I stay home?"

She gives me a petty smile "no y/n your gonna have to face him either way."

I sigh and take deep breath. "Ya" I pause. "Ya I'm never gonna have to talk to him again anyway" I repeat.

She gives me a sorry smile and drives away.

The car ride went super fast and we got to school super early. The one day I don't want to go to school there's no traffic. How sweet.

Maya parks the car and sees me going kind of pale.

"Just breath it's gonna be fine y/n" she soothes me.

Suddenly I just got this rush of confidence.

You know what? Fuck it. Who cares.

Without responding to her, I get out of the car.

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of the news yet but no one seems to be staring me down. Yet.

I wait for maya to get out of the car and we make our way into school. I walk into school and there's still a lot of school considering we were like 40 minutes early.

"Are u sure you're okay?" Maya keeps asking. She's worried about me. To be honest who wouldn't be? I'm acting like a bipolar bitch.

"Yes, I'm fine maya don't worry" I assure. There was really nothing to worry about. I'm actually feeling really great.

She sighs and leans against the locker next to mine while I open mine.

After about 30 minutes kids start heading to their classes. The hallway is fully crowded by now and I decide to get to my class too.

I peel my back of my locker and start walking with maya.

You know that feeling when your not really scared for something until it actually happens.

Ya cause that's how I felt right now. I stopped dead in my tracks seeing Tom walk in with his usual group of friends surrounding her.

He was laughing and talking like he had completely forgotten about me. Which wouldn't be surprising since he has a brain of a fish.

"Shit. Do you wanna take the other way?" Maya asks from behind me.

I shake my head no. I can't hide from him forever.

Without turning to look back at maya I keep walking. He still hasn't noticed me, but haz does.

Haz leans into toms ear and I can see toms eyes searching through the crowd.

I cower behind my books hoping his eyes don't land on mine.

Eventually they do. We make eye contact for a second but I look away not wanting to look at him.

He stares at me intensely why I walk past him. His friends don't pay no attention to tom, they just talk amongst themselves.

I walk into first period and thankfully don't want to cry anymore.

I guess it's only when I see him.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. I look at the empty seat next to me. I stare it for a while. Then my eyes go wide.

Tom sits here. Next to me. In this class.

I start to panic but manage to stay calm on the inside. I start to get up and move but Tom walks in.

I don't budge. I want to see what he does.

I watch him carefully as he makes his way over next to me.

He was not gonna sit here. He's about to sit down when I stop him.

"What are you doing?" I ask gritting my teeth.

"Y/n we need to talk"

"We already talked"

"Y/n-"

He starts again but I cut him off. "Leave" I say. I'm surprised I haven't started crying yet.

He opens his mouth to speak again but is interrupted—but this time it's not by me. It's by Kevin Allen.

Kevin Allen. Another one of the most hottest and popular guys who goes here. But he's not friends with Tom, In fact there like sworn enemies.

He's never talked to me before, or even taken notice of me.

But here he was. In front of Tom.

Oh boy.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Thank you for reading :) sorry for posting so lateee. High school has been killing me but I'll try to update more. I hope u enjoyed tho :) bye!