Chapter 10

I got dressed to go bed as I really was tired. I looked out my window and saw tom on the phone with someone. He looked upset almost. I figured I'll just ask him later. I closed my curtains and turned of my lights. I went to sleep only to wake up to screaming coming from downstairs.
I rubbed my eyes and crept down stairs. I stopped to hear what they were saying.
"We have to tell her!" Said my mom
"We don't have to do this in the first place"
There was silence
"I have to do it for myself" she cried.
I heard her walking upstairs and I bolted back to my room. The rest of the night I couldn't sleep. Who were they talking about? My mind went as far as think they were getting a divorce. I had the small amount of paranoia that they were. I distracted myself by just scrolling through Instagram. Eventually it was next morning, I had gotten ready for school. I was brushing my hair when I got a text from Tom. "You look cute" he sent. It was a creepy text overall but I saw him looking at his window. He was standing in front of it watching my reaction to the text. "Creep" I replied. I saw him laugh and text something.
"Get ready I'm gonna drop you off at school"
I shot him a scared look through the window.
"No it's fine, I can drive myself tom"
What would people think if I showed up to school with Tom Holland. The thought of it scared me, people would've noticed and I didn't like attention.
"Come on love, please?" I looked up and him begging through the window. I rolled my eyes and typed yes.
He shot his arm in the air as if he won some award. I got ready and waited for Tom to pick me up. After 5 minutes I started doubt the worst. I know it was only five minutes but I get really scared. Then 10 minutes went by, I got even more paranoid. I decided to text tom. "Where are you?" I asked after 5 Minutes I got a reply.
"Car wouldn't start" I felt a wave of relief almost. I went outside into Toms driveway and saw him kicking at his car.
"Come on we can just take my car" in insisted
He grabbed my arm and turned me around from leaving "no no, I can get this car working just be patient."
I rolled my eyes while Tom opened up the engine. "Tom, were late"
"Just come on help me"
After an hour! I repeat AN HOUR of trying to fix toms car it finally started. I sigh in relief and Tom gives me a high five.
"You do realize we are one hour late right?" I ask getting in the car
Tom smirks and turns a corner "Ya but if the teachers see that you with me they won't care."
I raise my eyebrows "wow who knew being friends with Tom Holland had its benefits."
He rolled his eyes and parked the car. I was reaching for the door when he stopped me. "Wait don't open it yet"
He got out of the car and went around it and opened my door for me.
I smiled and shook my head "What a gentlemen" I said sarcastically getting out of the car.
We walked up to the school and even thought tom told me not to be nervous, I still was. We walked in and usually they make document it, but Tom told them I was with him and they gave us both an excuse. We walked into class together and I sat were I usually do, alone. Jessica Toms ex girlfriend rolled her eyes as she saw us walk in together. Now she would really have it out for me. They were an on and off couple. Me and Jessica used to be really close although elementary and middle school but when high school came well, she became popular and I didn't. She got new friends and well I got no friends at all. I doodle on gm notebook and the teacher hands out some worksheet and tells us to work on it. The whole class starts talking and I raise my head to see Tom and Jessica flirting with each other. It bothered me yes but I tried not show I cared. Then she starts making out with him. Ew. She looks my dead straight in the eye when kissing him. Trying to make me jealous, I just laughed inside because it wasn't getting to me. Ew could they at least get a room I thought and that's exactly what they did. They both excused themselves to the bathroom and left the class. They didn't come back the rest of the class period. No one needed to ask what was taking them so long everyone already knew. The bell rang and thankfully I had no other classes with Tom. I couldn't stand him sometimes.
-
-
-
-
-