Chapter Twenty Eight

Edited ✔️

Guess what :3 so, when I started this book, it was FEBRUARY. Now I'm already at chapter twenty eight when I thought that it would take much much longer to get here. Thanks to all of you who read along as I update!!! ^_^
---------------

Icetail easily followed Flameheart's scent towards CloudClan.

From a distance, he spotted his friend crouched low to the ground, stalking a rabbit by where the border marker was supposed to be. The rabbit hopped a few paces towards Flameheart, and the ginger tom leaped, unnoticed, giving it a killing blow to the neck.

"Got it!" exclaimed Flameheart eagerly.

Icetail padded out from the undergrowth. "A fine catch," he praised. "And a rabbit too! The Clan will be pleased."

Flameheart purred. "Thanks. What are you doing all the way out here? I thought Sparrowheart told you to rest."

"I came to talk to you."

Flameheart took the rabbit in between his jaws, and mumbled, "Right. Let's talk at camp. The hunting patrol is almost finished."

"No, we can't go back right now. I have to talk to you about the prophecy," meowed Icetail. And at that, Flameheart froze and looked up.

"The prophecy?" he asked with surprise.

"That's right . . ." Icetail said with a sigh. "Back at camp I heard an old elder's tail  The story took place a long time ago, about the destruction of the Clans. That's when DarkClan came into making."

"Came in to making?" Flameheart asked again.

"Yes, that's what's so important! Stripeeyes said that this was a true story. The point is, DarkClan is not a real Clan. And the prophecy says it too, the darkness was never meant to be!"

Flameheart nodded. "I understand your point . . ."

"I think it's warning us about war, Flameheart."

"We are already at war," meowed Flameheart. "It's MoonClan's war."

"Exactly," said Icetail. "And soon enough, the other Clans might get called in this war, too. Or at least that's what I think. And the two cats in the prophecy, the one who will lead and the one who will destroy, might play a big role on whether or not we'll win."

"If that's the case, then finding out should be our priority."

"You're right," Icetail replied. "So that's why I need to talk to StarClan. I need to find that underground pool again!"

* * *

Icetail and Flameheart walked side-by-side back in the direction of the camp. Suddenly, a rustle in the bushes was heard, and Icetail froze. Flameheart's gaze shot at Icetail, curious, though he didn't say a word.

In the distance, Icetail spotted Vinetail padding through the forest, herbs in his mouth. Icetail breathed a sigh of relief. It's only the medicine cat . . . he thought. But then, another cat leaped out of the undergrowth. His pelt was muddied and his eyes blazed.

The cat leaped onto Vinetail's back, pinning him down. Vinetail gasped and tried to push the cat off, but already, his teeth sunk into Vinetail's neck.

"Vinetail!" Icetail shrieked, dashing over. The attacker looked up and saw the Clan cats, then dashed. Icetail leaped over a few twigs, and reached the medicine cat. Flameheart followed him. "Flameheart, take Vinetail back to camp!" he ordered before chasing after the attacker.