Chapter Eleven

Edited ✔️

I cannot believe I am this far already >o< Thanks for 70 stars! I also have almost 1k reads. . . . if you enjoy this book so far, THANK YOU SOO MUCH! I wouldn't be posting without you guys :) feel free to comment, vote, share, or any type of support. Thank you :D

Icepaw groaned as he got up, his body ached and stung. He could smell medicine around him. He realized in just a moment that he was in Vinetail's den. He looked up, not daring to move the rest of his body but only his head. He felt a paw push him back down.

"Don't move," Vinetail ordered. "Your wounds are bad, and I am trying my best to help you."

Icepaw didn't reply. He felt too sore to talk. Just then, Sweetpaw walked through the entrance of the den with bundles of wet moss in her mouth.

"Here Vinetail, I got what you asked for."

Vinetail nodded. "Thank you, Sweetpaw," he said. "Give me some, also give Icepaw something to drink, too."

Sweetpaw nodded and padded over to Icepaw, holding nothing but a piece of dripping wet moss. Icepaw's throat ached for the cold water, even though it was cold outside already. "Here Icepaw," she offered. "Open up."

Without hesitation, Icepaw opened his mouth, and she poured some water in. Icepaw thankfully drank it up. At least something now felt better. On the other side of Icepaw, a cat groaned. It was Ashtail! He must be here too, then. Icepaw remembered how seriously injured his mentor was.

Vinetail sighed. "It's hard keeping up with five sick cats at once," he murmured. "Sweetpaw, give Ashtail some poppy, and give Spottedkit and Ripplefur some more catmint." He looked down to Icepaw. "I'll be right back—I have to check on Rainwhisker."

Sweetpaw went to the back of the medicine den and grabbed three poppy seeds. She padded back over to Ashtail and fed him some. "I'll be back as well," she said after getting some catmint.

As soon as she left, Ashtail spoke up. "I've heard about your fight with Fallentail," he said weakly. "Listen, Brightstar is mad, but I am proud of you."

Icepaw couldn't see Ashtail. He was turned the other way. "Brightstar is mad at me?"

Ashtail nodded. "Yeah, she's angry at you," he said. "She thought you were dead for a moment and was super worried—oh, and you should've seen Sparrowheart. But when Vinetail reported that you were alive and doing at the very least better than me, she said she was gonna kill you."

"Oh," Icepaw said. "I guess I can understand."

After all, he ran out of camp against the rules, he tresspassed into DarkClan, and he killed a cat, all of which broke various rules on the warrior code. Something he so rightfully used to follow—something he wanted to convince Flamepaw to follow. But he felt that his actions were the right thing to do. It truly felt like it. . .

Icepaw sighed. He wished that Featherbreeze wasn't dead, then none of these things would of happened. Slowly, he got up, his legs shaking. He felt that his wounds were already treated and dressed, and his ear felt warmly rapped with cobwebs.

His stomach growled.

Ashtail looked up and smiled. "Here, you must be hungry," he said. "I have leftovers from a vole I never finished."

Icepaw ducked his head in embarrasment. "But you need it more than me."

Ashtail shook his head. "My belly is full. You can have the rest, Icepaw."

He nodded. "Thank you." Padding over, he took a small bite. It was warm. Icepaw began to eat the rest of his vole, thanking StarClan with each bite he took.