Chapter Fifty

Edited ✔️

Hey guys, sorry I took long for this and the last update :( and yay, I'm finally updating a LONG chapter! Also, could you please check out @thislittlefreak's book: ColdClan; A Warriors Tale? It's really cool and unique and well-written, I think it deserves more reads ^o^

@thislittlefreak
@thislittlefreak
@thislittlefreak

Btw guys, there'll be a big surprise later on. Read to find out!!

Grassheart stood right beside Windcloud as Swiftstar entered the clearing. "I thought you'd never return home," the CloudClan leader said honestly. "We were planning a rescue patrol to get the both of you back, but as we entered DarkClan's territory, their warriors pursued us because they outnumbered us. They told us you were already gone . . . We thought we were too late."

"I'm glad you're okay," Windcloud piped up. "I mean, after being chased by DarkClan? That must of been scary."

"We escaped," Grassheart added. "They probably didn't want you to know that we lived."

Swiftstar nodded with agreement and touched their noses with his own. "I'm glad you've returned safely."

A CloudClan apprentice stood taller. "But we outran them, of course. You must've as well!"

Icestar grimly listened to the CloudClan cats welcome their warriors back. It seems that MoonClan is not the only Clan having troubles with DarkClan, Icestar thought. I wonder if Dewstar really wants to take over the Clans?

Swiftstar flicked his tail. "Silence, Skypaw. You should be getting back to your apprentice duties."

Skypaw roller his eyes before passing away, and Amberpaw stared at him and the other CloudClan apprentices curiously. Swiftstar turned his gaze to Icestar and the others now. "And why are MoonClan cats in my camp?" he asked.

Icestar looked back at him. "I was captured by DarkClan as well," he began, "but I escaped with your warriors."

"And we never would of made it without him," Grassheart put in. "After we escaped, we ran straight to MoonClan. They cared for our wounds for a while before we decided that we were strong enough to make the trip home."

Swiftstar looked at Icestar right in the eye. "Thank you for saving my warriors. They're valuable to our Clan, and I can't imagine life without them, Icetail. So thank you."

"I am called Icestar now," Icestar replied, looking down to his paws. "Brightstar died while saving us from the DarkClan warriors who chased us all the way over to MoonClan's borders."

Swiftstar's gaze saddened. "Her death will be honored amoung us."

Icestar dipped his head. "We thank you for that."

* * *

"Hurry up, Silverleaf, you're slowing down!" Amberpaw squeaked as she ran across the moor.

Silverleaf sighed. "Sorry!"

Icestar followed silently behind them by himself as Amberpaw tried to get Silverleaf to race. Swiftstar offered the MoonClan cats to stay the night because of their tiring travel, but he refused since Icestar knew that he, as Clan leader, had to be there for his Clan. The sun was already below the trees, so he knew he had to return quickly. He wanted to see and talk to his Clanmates after a long day's work.

He was close to the forest by now, and his paws were tired after all the walking, but he was glad to be back to his own territory. They crossed the border back and entered into the MoonClan forest. As the branches became denser above-head, the good scents of home filled his nose.