Chapter Sixty

Edited ✔️

Now the chapter you've all been waiting for: the finale! I'm going to write an epilogue, and then Icetail's Enemy will finally be complete! This'll be my first fanfiction completed! And a warning guys, this chapter will be very . . . PG13. Of course no cussing or nothing inappropriate, it's just a lil bloody. I mean very bloody.

Sorry it took over two months to upload. It took a while to write so originally it was gonna take at least one month, but then I got a concussion so I wasn't allowed to be on Wattpad cause of it. But here we are for the big chapter!

Leaving Goldenpaw's dead body was difficult, but Icestar swore that he'd come back to bury her properly later. He weaved through the battling cats, keeping his eyes on Rainwhisker as he followed the warrior to where Ashtail was. According to him, Ashtail was having an intense battle with DarkClan's deputy, Woodclaw. It didn't sound good by the way Rainwhisker had explained it.

I won't lose any more cats tonight, declared Icestar internally, thinking back to Goldenpaw. Who else had died today? The thought made him scared, but he forced himself to push it to the back of his mind. Right now, he had to focus on saving MoonClan.

Finally, they reached an edge of the large clearing that was bordered DarkClan's forests. Icestar's eyes widened at what he saw.

Ashtail was panting, his fur soaked with blood and filled with scratches. A large gash was could be seen on his right, and one of his ears had been torn off. The worst part about it was his eye . . . Ashtail's right eye had been ripped from its place, bleeding down his nose and mouth as he tried to keep it shut. Woodclaw looked no better—both of his ears were torn, scratches covered the entirety of his pelt, and he was missing many clumps of fur. The two of them staggered in place, but they each kept eyeing each other strongly, not one or the other backing down.

"Ashtail!" yowled Icestar, racing toward the two.

Ashtail looked up, having to turn his head fully to see his leader and friend approaching. "I-Icestar," gasped the deputy, but the moment it was said, Woodclaw's body flashed from its spot. He had leaped onto Ashtail and pinned him to the ground. Ashtail struggled wildly as his opponent tried to bite down on to his neck.

Icestar didn't waste a second. He and Rainwhisker both tackled Woodclaw off of Ashtail simultaneously; Icestar chomping onto his tail and Rainwhisker yanking his scruff.

"Fox-heart!" spat Icestar, slashing his claws across Woodclaw's muzzle. "You cruel fox-heart!"

Ashtail staggered upwards, panting. "I-I'm saved . . ."

"Don't waste your breath," Rainwhisker advised. "See? I told you I'd get Icestar as quick as possible. I'm so sorry, though . . . about your eye."

"I-it's nothing," murmured Ashtail, as Icestar struggled to keep Woodclaw pinned to the forest floor. "I mean, it doesn't hurt much. I-I'll live through it."

"Doesn't hurt much? We've got to get you to Sweetheart," Rainwhisker said with disbelief. "Icestar, I'll take him back to camp."

"Go quickly!" Icestar's strength was slowly faltering, and he knew that Woodclaw would be able to break free in no time.

Suddenly, something knocked into Icestar's side, throwing him to the ground. "Oh no you don't!" snarled a new voice. He looked up slowly, dizzily, to see the DarkClan warrior Toadskip standing over him, barring his fangs. "We outnumber your Clan, Icestar! There is no way you have the power to kill Woodclaw."

"Numbers don't mean anything!" Icestar swiftly got up before Toadskip was able to reach him. "Ashtail, Rainwhisker—run!"

"There is no where to go!" Woodclaw yowled, letting out a menacing mrrow of laughter. Five cats surrounded them, including Toadskip and Woodclaw. Amongst them were warriors Icestar never learned the name of, but their builds were strong, and much less battle-scarred than all three of the MoonClan warriors put together.