62: Stunning revelations! (A)

Start from the beginning

---------
Nandini's pov:

               His eyes had a hint of spark in them as he spoke about his dadaji, I sure was perplexed by the revelation about him being a Mehra but I held back my list of queries that were desperate to spill out, I wanted him to open up and I was determined to wait until he does, I have been longing for this moment to knock at my door and I didn't want to let go of this because of some foolish questions that I couldn't hold back. I figured the most he needed at this point from me was to be a good listener and for him to feel accepted no matter what, if I fail to communicate the same to him, he might never actually let me in that part of his life.

" soon a few months passed by and me and di got back to our lives, still the hollow of losing a loved one remained with us but none really let that be obviously, we knew that we had to hold up each others back and if one fell weak the other would find it difficult to survive, in those months we made a couple of new friends and one of them was Dhruv Shekhawat he was di's classmate which slowly turned to friends and then best friends, since he was di's friend we hung around a few times and before I knew we had this unbreakable bond between us!" my heart escalated as he muttered Dhruv's name, so that's how the shekhawat's come into the picture I thought to myself, his tone turned sarcastic at the end, he even chuckled dryly maybe at the irony of life then and now, I tightened by hold on his hand that remained entwined with mine, resting on his chest.

" di and him started gelling along too well, she gained back her cheeriness that was unintentionally lost somewhere after dadu's death, she started looking forward to spending her days with Dhruv she sure was attracted to him and I liked to believe he was too because the sudden happy changes in my sister had me ecstatic, her smile was my sunshine and she was my whole damm world! I mentally thanked Dhruv for stepping into my sisters life for good, they started spending their almost all the time together but even with all the happy moments in her life she never stopped being my sister.

She never made me fell that her priorities had changed and I no longer held relevance in her life, she fulfilled all her responsibilities as my sister expertly, we had our share of personal time which not even Dhruv was entertained in, be it waking me up for school or helping me out with studies or being my saviour from the bullies around, she was my superhero! She always, always somehow knew exactly when I need someone to speak to about anything be it a rough day at school or a random incident that stuck with me she was my go to person for everything." I smiled at how adorably he described his sister, there wasn't an ounce of insecurity in his voice when he narrated about Dhruv's presence in Avya di's life, he loved his sister dearly and so did she, I knew how he felt, I did the same with rishu, he had a small curve of lips as he narrated the same to me!

At that moment I knew his sister was his peace more than anything could ever be maybe even me and I speak nothing but truth when I say I felt no bad about the same!

" those late night conversations that we shared at times with me resting on her lap and updating her about my life, talking about crushes to relationships to Bollywood to anything and everything were the favorite part of my day, we didn't care the presence of Nyonika or Shrikant most of the times they weren't home not like any of us wished otherwise, months passed and so did thicken the bond between me and Dhruv and the budding closeness between him and di too, soon he became our confidant. Never did we thought that he could be the reason of all the mishaps and wrecking our lives!

He became a part of our random ice-cream getaway's or a movie night he was creeping slowly yet all over our lives, it was a more than a year now to dadu's death and six months since we last saw any of the other two 'members'of the house, on a weekend soon after dadu's death anniversary my parents were suddenly all responsible and wanted to spend some 'so called family time' with the kids they had almost abandoned, bewilderment could be read right on our faces when the butler informed us about the same!