MEETING LUX FOR THE FIRST TIME

After the brief meeting or whatever you'd like to call it everyone went their own separate ways, some waiting behind to talk and some leaving after they apologised saying that they needed to go run some errands.

I just watched everyone interacting with each other, some greeting the boys with hugs indicating that they've known the boys for quite some time. I just stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do. It wasn't long until I felt something tugging at my jeans.

I looked down to see the cutest little girl in the entire world. I crouched down to her height, smiling as she stumbled back at my sudden movement.

"Hello." I said, smiling.

"HI. "She mumbled shyly.

"What's your name princess?" I asked.

"Lux, my names Lux."She said, looking at her feet like they were the most interesting things in the world.

"That's a beautiful name."

"Lux there you are. What did I tell you about running off like that? You gave mamma a heart attack." I heard a woman say before she picked up Lux. I then slowly stood up.

"Sorry mamma." Lux mumbled, resting her head on the woman's chest.

"I'm so sorry, you must think I'm so rude. Hi my name is Lou. Lou Teasdale and this little one is Lux."The woman said, holding out her free hand.

"It's nice to meet you. My name's Rory. Rory Skye." I replied, shaking her hand.

"She's pretty isn't she mamma. Don't you think so mamma. Rory is pretty. "Lux said, before looking at me then quickly burying her head in Lou's neck.

"She is very pretty. "Lou said, rubbing Lux's back.

"Thank you Lou. You're very pretty too Lux." I said, blushing at Lou's and Lux's compliment.

"Mamma she said I was pretty. Did you hear her? "Lux squealed getting excited.

"Lux you hurt mammas ear. Remember how I said you can scream in daddy's ear but not mamma's, but yes princess I heard her. "Lou said.

"Right only yell in Daddy's ear. "Lux replied, giggling as she placed a finger over her lips.

Lou's phone started to ring. "I'm really sorry, do you mind if I answer it? "Lou asked.

"Course not." I replied smiling.
Lou put Lux back down on the ground to fetch her phone out of her bag.

"Lou speaking. Oh hi Richard, yes I know. "Lou spoke.

"Rory pick up Lux."I looked down to see Lux holding out her arms to me.

"Sure princess."I replied, before picking her up, resting her on my hip. Lux wrapped one arm around my neck whilst the other fisted my shirt, causing my shirt to ride up. It didn't bother me though.

"Are you coming with us whilst mamma works on Uncle Harry's bands faces? "Lux asked, smiling at me.

"Yeah I am."I replied, nodding my head.

"Yay, we're going to be best friends. "Lux beamed.

"The very best." I replied, nodding my head.

"I'm really sorry about that Rory. Lou said after finishing the phone call.

"It's no problem." I replied.

"That's really strange. "Lou said.

"What is?" I asked, confused.

"Well Lux here usually takes a long time to warm up to people, but with you it's like she's known you her whole life. "Lou

I started to tickle Lux's tummy causing her to giggle and burry her head deeper into the crook of my neck.