OLD MEMORIES & THE CONS OF BEING A SHORT ASS

Rory’s pov

When Simon left all the boys and I were talking about the upcoming tour which I will be their special guest in .My heart was literally going a million miles a minute. I mean how lucky can one person get?

I went from doing a cover on YouTube when I was around 15 and now here I am about to go on tour with One Direction. I still remember the day that I made that video.

Flashback

I don’t know why she keeps on going on about this. I mean out of all people my little sister wants me to sing a cover and put it on YouTube because it’ll be a huge hit and I’ll get a contract and I’ll be famous. The only thing my sister wants is to see me as much as I could when I became as you would say” famous”.

Personally I don’t know why she thinks it’d be a hit. I’m not gonna say I don’t reckon I’m the best singer because I hate it when people say that they suck but when you hear them it’s like the lyrics are just flowing perfectly. I guess you could say I’m average though I’ve been told differently but you never know if someone’s telling you the truth or not. It’s kind of like when you ask someone if your bum looks big in something and they tell you “oh no babe you look totally gorgeous” but in reality your bum sticks out like the smell of peanut butter on someone’s breath.

So after two hours of her constant begging here I am sat in my room with my legs crossed more scared then you can ever imagine. Like more scared the having to write a speech at a wedding. You know how the best man is supposed to write a speech. I’ve witnessed my uncle doing it at my Auntie’s and her husbands, Marks’s wedding.

I remember my uncle being so nervous, his hands were shaking. You could see it in his eyes how nervous he was. But in the end he got through it, whilst fixing his collar more times than need be, but I guess that’s how he attempted to calm himself down a bit.

Okay I really need to stop going off of subject.

So my sister was in front of me with the camera that she got for her birthday that year. She was very proud of it by the way. She took pictures every day then she would ask me to put them on the computer so she could delete them off her camera so she could take more and more.

“Remind me why I’m doing this again? “I asked her.

“Because you love me, now get ready cause I’m about to start recording.”

Okay its time. Omg what am I gonna say? Ummm think Rory think.

"Hello, umm so umm I’m going to try and sing as long as you love me by Justin Bieber as you can tell by the title of this video. “ I was as nervous as anything. It didn’t even sound like me.

My whole body was tense. My palms were sweating. I looked up at my sister who gave me thumbs up.

Okay here goes nothing. I took a deep breath as the audio came on. I looked at my sister who mouthed go, gesturing me to start singing.

As long as you love me [3x]

We’re under pressure,

Seven billion people in the world trying to fit in

Keep it together,

Smile on your face even though your heart is frowning (frowning)

But hey now (hey now), you know, girl (know girl),