It Begins Again

Pulling at the end of my dress, I stared at the coffee machine waiting for it to finished. I'm usually not one to really drink coffee, but I didn't sleep too well last night.

Too much on my mind.

Turning to the sound of footsteps behind me, Dad came in with his PJ's still on.

"What are you doing up, Dad?"

He worked a double yesterday and got home super late, so I wasn't expecting him to be up.

"And miss your first day."

Smiling, I shook my head, before pouring my coffee in a mug.

"It's just school."

"But still.."

Turning to him, he moved over taking a cup pouring him some coffee as well.

"After this year, you will officially be a senior."

Smiling down at my shoes, I nodded my head.

"Yeah, I wonder if this year is going to fly by like last year."

Setting his cup down, he moved wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Don't rush it. This year will probably be just as fun as last year."

Giving him a squeeze, I set my cup into the sink.

"Yeah, you're right."

The sound of a car horn beeping outside made me pull away.

"That's my ride. Will you be here when I get back?"

"Yes, I will. Have a good day."

Pressing a kiss to his cheek, I grabbed my bag before going out the door. Stopping on the steps, Catherine was leaning out the front window.

"Hey Sweetness, you need a ride."

Rolling my eyes, I hurried to the passenger side jumping in. throwing my seatbelt on, I turned to her.

"How'd you get the car?"

The smirk on her face widen, before she pulled out of the yard.

"Uhhh... I have my ways."

Going by her smirk, I would say that she stole it, but then again that wasn't really Catherine's style. Well whatever, at least I got a ride to school.

Bopping to the radio, we made it to school in no time. Just staring at the building for a moment, I shook my head, before getting out. Catherine hooked our arms together, before giving a big smile.

"This year will be unforgettable, just you wait."

Returning her smile, I nodded my head before we hurried inside the school. Walking through the halls, either we got like fifty freshmen this year or something was up.

"Isn't it more crowded than normal?"

Side stepping a person who almost slammed into her, Catherine gave a scowl, putting her hands on her hips.

"Yeah, that school Dillwyn High or something burnt down and some of the kids came here."

"Oh yeah."

I think I did hear something on the news about a school burning down.

Glancing around, I watched as the people ran around almost in a hurry and confusion.

"Dallas, Dallas, we are together again."

I watched a girl jumped on a guy yelling in his ear.

Dallas that name sounds familiar.