Shopping Date

Staring out the window, my mind was everywhere. School was in three days and Dad was taking me last minute shopping. I tried to tell him that Aunt Cali got me most of my stuff already, but he still wanted to go together, I mean it couldn't be too bad, right.

Ok let's scratch that last thought. Shopping with Dad couldn't get any more embarrassing, I mean all the clothes he keep showing me are something I would wear when I was twelve. I mean I know he's trying his best, but maybe he's trying a little too hard.

"What about this shirt, Melissa?"

Turning to Dad, he was holding up a shirt. It was bright pink, the arms were ruffled, and it said School Rocks. Ok first of all that shirt is a liar, and second of all it was kind of ugly. Slowly meeting his eyes, they seemed so hopeful, that this felt just so painful. Slowly giving him a smile, I took the shirt.

"Hey Dad... Um I need some more jeans, could you find me some?"

"Sure I'm on it."

Quickly leaving, I let out a groan, before shoving the shirt back on the rack. I'm sure he could pick some jeans uneventfully. Looking through the shirts, I really didn't need too much more. I always found school shopping hard and exhausting, but this year wasn't too bad. That might be because Aunt Cali and Catherine were here though.

Picking a few shirts that I liked, I went to search for Dad. Finding him with a few pants on his arm, he was staring at the rack with a serious expression on his face. Smiling shaking my head, my phone then started buzzing. Pulling it out, it was Zach.

"Hey."

"Please save me."

Raising an eyebrow, I moved so I was leaning against a wall.

"What's wrong?"

"My Mom insisted she come with me shopping, and now she keeps throwing me these crazy shirts."

Chuckling, I feel his pain.

"Is it really that bad?"

"Babe one shirt was neon green and said swaggin it up in big pink letters. Like who says swaggin anymore."

Oh my god, ok that was bad.

"That's not the only thing; she tried to make me get these shorts that said this is how I roll."

"Hey that doesn't sound too bad."

"Melissa it had dinner rolls on it."

Snorting I covered my mouth, and he groaned from the other end of the line.

"Ok that is kind of bad, so what are you doing at the moment?"

"Hiding in the dressing room."

Glancing around, I saw Dad moving around the corner till he spot me, and smiled.

"Try to tuff it out Zach, maybe show her some normal clothes."

"If you say so. Talk later?"

"Yeah, I'll call you later."

Hanging up, I met Dad and he showed me some of the jeans. Most were fine, and we paid for the stuff. Deciding to get something to eat in the mall, we went to the food court. The smell of all the different foods made my stomach growled. Deciding to go to the chick fil a, that they had out there. Ordering me a chicken sandwich, I glanced over at Dad, and he was getting a salad from some place. Maybe I should start eating healthier, and I glanced down at my sandwich. um... maybe next time. Taking a bite of my sandwich, it was soon quiet between us, and I smiled down at my food.