On The Road Again Can't Wait To Be On The Road Again

I was hesitant asking Dad the first night, but then I made up my mind of the second. He was off on Sunday and was sitting in the kitchen drinking his coffee, and reading the newspaper.

"Good morning."

Lifting his head up, he gave me a smile.

"Morning sweety."

Walking over, I got me a glass of orange juice, before moving and sitting down in front of him. It was quiet for a moment, and I slowly sipped my juice. I wonder how I should start this, and before I knew it I had downed my juice. Setting the glass down, I took a deep breath, before lifting my head to see Dad was staring at me curiously.

"What's on your mind honey?"

"Well... you see. There's this trip and..."

He held up his hand, and stopped me. Biting my lower lip, I stared at him worried, and he gave me a smile.

"It's ok Melissa, I've already talked to Zach's mom."

"Zach's mom?"

"Yes she told me all about the trip, and of course you can go."

"I can?"

"Yes, just be on your best behavior and bring me a souvenir."

I jumped up, wrapping my arms around his neck squeezing.

"Thank you Dad."

Thinking back, I was grateful for whatever Zach did to get his Mom to talk to my Dad. Sitting on my bed, I was already packed and waiting for my ride. Everyone had plan that we would stay at the beach for three days. It seemed kind of short, but Zach promised that we would make the most out of it, besides it'll be fun. I was really excited though, and I stood up pulling my duffle bag over my shoulder, and rolling my suitcase behind me.

Going down the steps, I could hear someone knocking on my door as I came down. Moving quickly, I opened it to Zach. He gave me a smile, before wrapping his arm around my waist, and pressing a hard kiss to my lips. Gasping in shock, I threw an arm around his neck, before we heard someone beep the horn. Pulling apart, I saw they had a van, and Terrell had his head out of the window.

"You can suck face later, let's go."

Zach rolled his eyes, before grabbing my suitcase, and I smiled closing the door behind me. Walking to the van, he opened it, before putting my stuff inside, and I pulled the door open to come to face to Kyle. He must have been half asleep, because he soon jerked awake and was staring at me startled. Giggling, I stepped inside, before moving toward the back plopping down. Marie then turned around in her front seat smiling with sunglasses on the top of her head.

"Hey Mel."

"Hey."

Turning my attention to Alice, she was snuggled against the window asleep all ready. Zach then got inside, closed the door, and we were off. Shoving ear buds in, Zach nodded off as well, and Kyle turned around.

"So you excited?"

"Yeah, I can't wait."

"First time going to be beach?"

"Yup, what about you?"

"I went when I was younger, I've never went with just friends. My Mom was just talking about I haven't done anything all summer. So she was surprised when I told her I was going to the beach with some friends."

He chuckled, before turning back around. Kyle is very nice and sweet. Brown hair fixed in a Mohawk style with big brown puppy dog eyes. He treats Alice really good, and I think that is what she really needs. Glancing out the window, I saw that Terrell had pulled up to Catherine's house, and I leaned over Zach some to see her getting in a car with Derek. They beeped the horn, and I glanced at Zach when I felt his eyes on me. Staring at him confused, he raised a eyebrow, before motioning down then back up, and I saw my hand on his leg was very close to uncharted territory.