Movie Date

It didn't take a lot of begging to get Dad to let me go to the drive in with Zach. He only told me be back, before midnight. Changing my clothes, to a grey skater dress, with some Sketchers. I stared at myself in the mirror as I brushed my hair. Applying some lip gloss, I just couldn't stop the smile forming on my face. Ever since we've came from the beach, I haven't had a lot of time to hang out with Zach, I mean just us. So, I sue me if I'm kind of excited to go on this date, plus we're going to a drive-in movie which I always dreamed of going.

Finally, after just taking a moment to look at myself, I wonder if my dress is a little too short. Twirling a little, I let out a sigh, it's still kind of warm outside so I wanted something cool to wear. Grabbing my phone and bag out my room, I walked to the stairs. Stopping at the top, I could hear voices down stairs.

Was Zach here?

Quickly making it down the steps, I peeped into the room, and there was Dad and Zach in a middle of a conversation pointing to the TV. Football... like I can never really understand it. With their back to me, I quietly went behind them, before throwing my arms around Zach's neck. I heard him make a small yelp, before he tried to play it off with a cough. Snickering softly, I lead over the couch pressing a kiss to his cheek.

"Were you waiting long?"

"No, not really."

He glanced at me with a scowl, probably from scaring him. Letting him go, he stood up turning to me, and I felt his eyes go over me, before he smirked.

"You look pretty."

Trying to fight off the blush, I ended up pulling on my hair.

"Thanks."

I could hear Dad chuckle, and I glanced over toward him. I had kind of forgot he was even there for a moment.

"So what are you two going to see?"

"We're going to see Trolls."

I said kind of loudly, before giving a sheepish smile.

"Well I see your excited, so I won't hold you back any longer."

Walking around the couch, I pressed a kiss on Dad's cheek.

"See you later?"

"Yeah, don't stay out too late now."

"I'll bring her back before eleven, Sir."

Dad smiled standing patting Zach on his shoulder, before I hurriedly pulled Zach out of the house.

"Ok, ok I'm going."

He laughed as we made it outside. Stopping in my tracks, I stared at the truck in front of us, before turning staring at Zach skeptical.

"What happened to your car?"

"I still got it; I'm just borrowing this for the night."

Nodding my head, and he pulled me toward the truck.

The ride was kind of quiet, like the only sound was the rumble of the truck. Fiddling with the end of my dress, I have no idea why I was feeling nervous. I mean it's like the awkwardness of when I just started dating Zach all over again. Glancing over at Zach, he seemed to be fine with a smile playing on his face tapping his fingers on the wheel.

At least one of us has our shit together

I must have been staring too long, because of eyes soon met. Glancing forward, I saw we were at a red light, before I met his eyes again. He raised an eye brow at me, before giving me an amused look.