End of Summer

Two days soon flashed by and the last day of summer was then here. Swinging my legs as I sat on the end of my bed, my mind has been everywhere it seemed. Slowly braiding my hair over my shoulder, I'm still so surprised how long it has gotten. Tying a band at the end, I let out a deep breath. Throwing myself back, before laying my hands above my head, I just can't believe how fast summer went. I mean yeah a lot of things happened this summer, but I still feel like it was so short.  Rolling onto my stomach, I buried my face into the bed. Man, school starts tomorrow. My first day of Junior year. Man, I'm nervous; I just can't get it together. Soon before we know it, we'll have to start thinking about college and stuff. Do I even want to go to college? Can I even get in? I mean paying for college is one thing but getting in is another. That also means moving away, which I just don't know. I wonder what everyone else plans are. Is Zach going to college? He's smart enough for it, but I wonder would he go. Would we be at the same college or going to different ones. What if we both apply and only one gets in. What do I even do with my life? 

Questions, questions, questions. Well no reason to get stress about it now. Besides you still have things you need to do

Jerking up, that's right, I need to get going. Zach's family are having an end of summer cookout, and everyone is going to be there. Rolling over, I slipped on my shoes, before going down the steps two at a time. Swinging the door open, to my surprise, Derek jumped back with his hand in the air as if he was in mid knock.

Staring at him confused for a moment, he let out an embarrassed chuckle, before running his hand through his hair.

"Did you sense me or something?"

"What? No, what are you doing here Derek?"

"Well... a certain someone begged me to come get you."

"Catherine?"

"Well her too, but I meant Zach."

Closing the door behind me, Derek pointed behind him. There sitting in the driveway was his grey Subaru Outback; and I snickered.

"Don't hate, she gets me where I need to go."

Derek has always been the butt joke when it comes to cars.

"Hey, I'm not hating, at least you have a car."

"Trust me you'll have one soon."

Staring at him confused, he gave a smirk, before throwing his arm around my shoulder leading me to the car.

After cracking up on Derek's off tone singing to the radio, we then pulled into Zach's driveway. There was a bunch of cars parked in the front of the driveway. Parking beside a jeep, I noticed Derek had went rigid staring out the window. Turning my head to see what he was looking at, there was Catherine and Marie sitting on the step and from the look of it they were both in tears. Derek quickly cut the car off and was out in the door in seconds. Trying my best to not be left behind, I had to jog a little to try and keep up with his pace.

Finally getting close enough, I watched as Catherine threw herself into Derek's arms. Standing still, I watched him whisper something to her. Slowly bringing my eyes back to Marie, she hadn't move at all. Slowly walking straight to her, I sat beside her, before touching her arm. Slowly lifting her head, I was met with a watery smile.

"What's wrong?"

Leaning back, she let out an exhausted sigh, before leaning on my shoulder.

"Being here just reminded me that Terrell and I are in two different worlds."

Wrapping my arm around her, she began to rub her eyes with the palm of her hand.

"I mean he may not be rich, but his family does have money. His freaking Uncle owns a hotel, so that's saying something right there."