A Change

After that day with Zach, I felt a little lighter inside if that makes sense. I then talked to my Dad about how I was feeling, which ended up with me going to see a therapist. I was skeptical at first, because I still feels that it is not serious enough that I need one, but talking to her did make me feel better. Miss Madeline, that is what she told me to call her. She's a single, thirty-two-year-old woman; bright red hair and deep brown eyes. Talking to her was just like breathing; once she asked the right questions the words just fell from my mouth.

PTSD... that's what she diagnosed me with. There is not a lot of medicine that goes with it, but there are some that is grouped together with anxiety that helps. She expressed that it was my choice if I wanted something for it. As of right now, I don't. But talking does help me, and learning some coping skills, I slowly started to journal my feelings.

The buzzing in my head is still there, and I still find myself not sleeping at night, but I'm getting by. I go back and forth between calling Zach and going to the gym with Terrell when I feel overwhelmed. Kyle recommended that I try Melatonin gummies, while Alice stated that a warm bubble bath helps her. Marie stated that watching old documentaries helps her sleep, and Catherine made the crude remark to just let Zach put me to sleep.

I know they mean well, but it seems nothing is really working at the moment. However, I feel like I need to do something, because I'm finding myself falling asleep in class.

"Melissa?"

Coming out of my thoughts, Dallas and Amara were staring at me with concerned expressions on their faces. Blinking a few times, before letting out a nervous laugh.

"Sorry I was in my head, what were you saying?"

"We were asking if you were coming to Dallas' house to study?"

Amara stated with a blank stare, and I pulled at the end of my hair. I have been falling behind in Calculus, and Dallas agreed to tutor me, and Amara was coming just to hang out.

"Yeah I'm coming."

"Great ya'll can ride with me," Dallas stated with a smile.

"One of these days, we need to hang out without it dealing with school."

Amara stated flipping through the pages of one of her books.

"Yeah you should totally invite us when Derek has one of those big house parties, I heard about."

Amara and Dallas both glance at each other grinning, before giving me puppy dog eyes. Letting out a chuckle, I smiled nodding my head.

"Okay, okay, I promise to invite ya'll to the next one."

"Okay now that everything is settled, can we go to lunch, I'm starving," Amara whined laying her head down.

"Alright, yeah let's go."

Standing up, I threw my bag over my shoulder, Amara quickly put her book back, and Dallas went to the front checking out his books. Leaving the library, we walked back toward the cafeteria. There we split up going our separate ways.

Grabbing me some lunch, we had the choice of having pizza or nachos, and of course I chose pizza. It has to be the best thing they have here at the school. Glancing around to see where everyone was, I saw that they were at the table in the far corner. Which was fine, it kind of kept us out of the cafeteria monitors eye, but what wasn't fine was the four girls sitting in front of Zach.

I don't have a problem with Zach and other girls because I trust him, but what I don't trust is that whores who try to bat their eyes at him when I'm not around.

Walking over to the table, they noticed me, before he did. Two had the nerve to give a glare while the other two ducked their heads down. Yeah the nerve of these fucking girls. Setting my tray down beside him to make myself noticed, Zach glanced up at me. Before he could say anything, I wrapped an arm around his neck leaning down pressing a kiss straight to his lips.

I could feel the shock in his kiss, before he returned it, and I pulled away sitting down.

"Hey baby," I gave him a sweet smile, and he raised his eye brown, before smirking.

"Where you been babe?"

"Catching up with some of my friends," slowly turning bringing my attention to all four of these girls.

"Seems like you had some entertainment though," I commented, before picking up my pizza taking a bite. I watched the girls soon huffed, before grabbing their stuff and leaving.

"Damn Mel, just write property of Melissa on his forehead already."

Throwing Catherine, a smirk, she shook her head.

"I personally like this change is Mel, put those bitches in their place."

Alice laughed while tossing a nacho into her mouth. Slipping his arm around my waist, I glanced up at Zach.

"You think that was too much?"

"Nope, not enough if I have to say."

He leaned down pressing a kiss to the side of my head, I shrugged my shoulders.

"They're annoying how they think Zach would dare to look at another girl."

Terrell commented scrolling through his phone with Marie under one of his arms. Glancing around for a moment, Derek and Kyle were missing from the table.

"Where is the other two at?"

"Derek got lunch detention and Kyle is absent today." Alice said sadly looking down at her phone.

"Is he sick?"

"Nope, he's getting his wisdom teeth out."

"Ouch."

I heard stories about people having to have surgery to get their wisdom teeth out, I'm glad mine grew in without any problems.

"Mel, us girls are going to the mall after school, you want to come?"

Catherine questioned pushing her nachos around with a disgusted expression on her face.

"Sorry I'm studying at Dallas' house today."

"Dallas' house?"

Glancing back at Zach, he was giving me a skeptical look.

"Um.. yeah."

"Just you?"

"Amara is coming too..."

"I see."

Glancing up at him while I finished my lunch, he was wearing a slight frown.

"Green isn't your color Zach," Catherine teased, and he flicked her off causing her to bust out laughing.

"I thought you liked Dallas?"

Flickering his eyes down at me, before giving a small smile.

"He's alright."

"What's wrong then?"

"Nothing, just call me when you finished, I'll come pick you up."

"Okay if it's not out of your way."

Rolling his eyes at me, I chuckled leaning into him. Terrell and Catherine then teased him for the rest of lunch.

Hope he's not jealous of Dallas, besides truthfully I see no reason to be.