You, Me, and the Starry Sky

Glancing back, Zach had stared at me shocked, before quickly taking off his shoes and chasing after me. It was kind of hard to run in the sand, but I made it closer to the water. Slowly stopping I stared at the water; it was kind of dark out here, and it made the water looked scary.

Arms wrapping around my waist made me jump, and Zach let out a deep breath. Turning my head smiling, he squeezed me to him tightly, before pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"Why did you stop?"

"Doesn't the water look scary?"

Standing there just staring out at the water, a gust of wind blew, and I closed my eyes leaning back against Zach. . Just standing there for a moment, Zach soon pulled away, and took my hand. Staring at him slightly confused, he just smiled pulling me along. Glancing at him as we went, we ended up just walking quietly on the sand. Taking a moment to glance back, I saw our footprints we were leaving behind. Smiling softly to myself, I squeezed Zach's hand, and he glanced down at me. Even in the dark, his eyes still shined brightly. Cocking his head to the side questionably, a lazy grin soon fell on his face, and he raised our hands kissing mine. Blush soon colored my cheeks, and all I could do is duck my head in embarrassment. I wonder if my blush stood out like his eyes do.

"Melissa."

Lifting my head back up, his head however was turned and he was pointing at something.

"Let's go over there."

"Ok?"

Letting him pull me along, I found he had brought us to the lifeguard chair. Staring at it for a moment, Zach soon let my hand go. It was my turn to stare at him questionable now.

"Come on, let's go up."

Dropping his shoes, he started to climb up the steps. Staring at him weary as he got to the top, I wonder are we even allowed to sit up there. Well it is kind of dark; I guess no one would really know. Staring down at me, he waved for me to come up. Setting my shoes down, I grabbed the wooden rails and started to climb up. Getting to the top, I huffed sitting down beside Zach. Smiling he wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me closer. Staring out, we could see so much more from up here, and I glanced at Zach's face. He looked like he was in a trance, and I leaned closer to him.

Looking at the water up here it didn't seem as scary, and had a calming effect to it. I could even see a ship out in the water too. I kind of wouldn't mind just staying up here, and a calming breeze blew through my hair. Soon I felt Zach's eyes on me, and I glanced back at him. He had this uncertain look on his face, and I gave him a reassuring smile. Returning my smile, his head then dipped and he pressed a chaste kiss on my lips. Sighing contently into the kiss, I lifted my hand laying it on his cheek. Pulling away, we stared in each other's eyes for a while, until he slowly glanced away. Turning his body fully to me, my hand fell from his cheek, and he leaned down closer pressing a hard kiss on my lips. Gasping into the kiss, he used the pause to brush his tongue against my lips, and like a reflex my lips parted for him to deeper the kiss. Taking his time, he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer against him. Soon breaking away to breath, we pressed our foreheads together. A big grin then fell on his face, before he threw his head back laughing out loud.

It wasn't one of his normal laughs, but more of a carefree deep from within laughs, and I had no idea where it came from. Once he leaned his head back and we were staring at each other, I raised an eyebrow at him. Shaking his head, he leaned forward pressing his forehead against my shoulder.

"Where did that come from?"

"I was just thinking about back at the restaurant."

"You mean that girl?"

"No I mean you at the restaurant."

"Me?"

"Yeah the faces you made at the waiter were hilarious."

I was making faces? I don't remember making faces or anything. All I really remember was being annoyed at that waiter, but then wanting to laugh my ass off when Zach didn't pay any attention to her. Glancing back at Zach when he leaned his head back up, and he turned back around, before laying back. Staring at him for a moment, I scooted closer to him, before he grabbed my hand.

"Lay down."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"What are you a Nike commercial?"

He turned his head giving me a look, and I laughed lying down beside him. Looking straight up and a gasp fell from my lips. The stars had come out, and they were so beautiful. All of them were twinkling, and I turned my head toward Zach. He was staring at the sky as well, and it was almost like I could see the stars in his eyes. Slowly he turned his head to me, and a soft expression filled out his face.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"I don't know."

Raising an eyebrow, he shook his head, before leaning forward, and pressing his lips to mine. It was a soft kiss, like just a brush against the lips, but it still made my heart pick up, and my cheeks flush in color. Pulling away, we just stared at each other, and I nibbled on my lower lip.

"The stars are beautiful."

"I've seen more beautiful things."

"Like what?"

"You."

Biting my lower lip smiling at him, he smirked before leaning back in and pressing a harder kiss to my lips. Slowly closing my eyes, I scooted a little closer trying to deepen the kiss, and he pulled away some. Slowly moving his hand, he pressed it against my neck, before leaning over placing an open mouth kiss there. A shiver ran down my back, and I moved my hand gripping his shirt. Softly he left open mouth kisses down my neck, and stopped at my shoulder. Running his lips up, a groan fell from my lips when his teeth grazed my collar bone.

Turning my neck to the side so he could reach more, he however pulled away and pressed his lips back to mine. Kissing him back, I ran a hand through his hair, before pulling him closer. The kiss went from soft and light to fast and passionate. Gasping into the kiss, he soon pulled away. Pressing our foreheads together, I leaned forward pressing a kiss to his nose. Jerking back, he scrunched up his nose, and I laughed.

Leaning back staring up at the starry sky, I closed my eyes for a moment, before my hand was grabbed. Twinning our hands, I gave his a tight squeeze, before staring back at the sky.