Advise

Zach POV

Leaning against the table, I just watched as all these dumb extras filled the cafeteria, but I was really looking for one person in particular. Soon I caught sight of Jackson and three of the dumb friends he made. Watching him laugh just made my blood boil, because I know somehow, someway, he was involved in that damn situation Melissa went through. He might not have done it himself, but he intervened in some way.

My gaze must have been piercing, because he was then meeting my look. A smirk formed on his face, before he started making his way over toward me.

Just great all I needed was his fucking presence

"Hey cuz, I heard about your little girlfriend. I'm surprised you're here and not staying with her."

He put on the fake concern look, but I could see right through him.

"Hmm."

The smirk dropped quick when he saw he wasn't getting a response out of me. Glancing from him to his little group that was standing a little away. I don't have time for this.

"Wow, you must be so bored, if you got all this time to be in my business."

His expression darkened, before he leaned forward hands on the table.

"You're right, I'm so bored Zachary. But don't worry, I won't be for long."

The sneer in his voice made me want to collide my fist into his face, but that is the kind of reaction that he wanted from me. And I be damn if I react the way he expects me to. Leaning up the smirk on his face was back but wouldn't be there for long though. I had noticed Terrell was moving closer to us from the corner of my eye, but I bet this asshole didn't.

Here is the funny thing, I can't tell if Jackson is afraid of Terrell or not. But I do know that he doesn't fuck around when he is near. So, I found it hilarious when Terrell towered over Jackson causing him to flinch away stumbling to the side. They both blankly stared at each other, before Jackson broke eye contact. Flickering his eyes to me, he had unpleasant expression on his face before turning stomping away mumbling to himself.

"Zach when you gonna let me fuck that little bitch up."

Snorting, I shook my head, before Terrell sat down across from me.

"He's waiting for one of us to react. That asshole gets off from knowing he is affecting me. But if I don't react to him, it just eats him up inside."

"That little bitch is fucked up in the head."

"Who you telling."

Leaning back, I scanned the cafeteria, until my eyes fell on the person I was just looking for. Dallas Parker. From the information that I got; he is the root of that whole incident with Melissa.

"What's wrong man, who staring at?"

"Dallas."

"Who?"

"Dallas Parker, who know the one who hangs out with Melissa."

Motioning behind him, he turned around to look.

"Oh yeah, I remember him. You think he is in with Jackson?"

"Naw, he was part of the cause of that incident, but he didn't have really anything to do with it."

Plus, from the way he reacted yesterday, I can tell he cared about Melissa.

"So, what you gonna do?"

"Talk to him."

"Just talk?"

"Smirking, I stood up going around the table.

"Yeah, just talk. I'll be right back."

Walking over to Dallas, he was sitting at a table by himself. Eyes stuck to his phone as he typed away, he didn't even know I was in front of him until I tapped on the table. Snapping his head up, he stared at me wide eyed, before I leaned forward.

"Let's talk for a minute."

Not waiting for him to reply, I felt as he followed me out of the cafeteria. I ended with running into the girls on the way, the gave me a questionable look, but didn't stop me. Giving a reassuring look before I motioned to the table Terrell was sitting at. Going around the corner, I didn't take him too far. Leaning against the wall, he stood beside me. We were quiet for a moment, before he broke the silence.

"How is Melissa?"

"She's going to be fine."

"Are you going to punch me?"

"Do I need to punch you?"

Cocking my head to the side, I stared at him to see he was wearing a confused expression.

"If you thought I was gonna to punch you... why did you follow me?"

Letting out a sigh, he leaned back looking at the ceiling.

"I feel like I deserve it. It's my fault Melissa got in that situation."

I could tell the guilt was eating him, and I shoved my hands in my pockets.

"Did you tell that girl to stalk Melissa?"

"What? No, I wouldn't do that."

"Well did you tell that dude to put hands on her."

"No..."

Turning so we were face to face, I stared him down for a moment.

"So how is it your fault?"

"It was because of me. Amy was jealous of Melissa. I thought if I told Amy to leave Melissa alone it would be the end of it, but I guess I just made everything worse. I didn't know she was still causing problems for her. I didn't know she was telling lies on Melissa either until it was too late."

Why did I want to talk to this kid again?

"So, you feel bad?"

Jerking his head up, he stared at me conflicted.

"Yeah I feel bad. She was trembling, bruised, and scared. I wanted to kick Aaron's ass, but you already did that."

I couldn't stop the smirk on my face.

"Well yeah, no one puts hands on my girlfriend."

"Yeah... everyone got that message already."

Raising an eyebrow, our conversation paused as we glanced to the side when a couple of kids stopped staring at us before rushing away.

"Dallas..."

Meeting my gaze, I took a step closer to him.

"I know this wasn't your fault. You can't stop how other people react. But I want you to never forget how you felt when she was hurt."

"Wha..."

Walking a couple steps away past him, I glanced over my shoulder.

"Melissa doesn't blame you; she doesn't even blame Aaron. But I'm not that nice, so remember there won't be a next time. So, I advise you to pick better company. You know, for Melissa's sake."

Breaking eye contact, he stared down at the floor, as I went back around the corner. The cafeteria was so damn loud now, and I made it back over to the others. Taking my same spot, Terrell raised an eyebrow at me.

"You good?"

"Yeah."

Stealing Derek's orange juice, Catherine leaned forward giving a pointed look.

"Melissa is going to be upset, if you threatened him."

Rolling my eyes, I took a sip of the juice.

"I didn't threaten him. I just gave him some advice; you know since I'm such a good person and all."

They laughed, but I paid them no mind. I caught Dallas coming inside, with a strange look of determination on his face.

Wonder how Melissa is doing ?