Open House

Once the beach trip was over it seemed like the time was just flying by. Before I knew it was open house for school. Sighing, sitting down on the steps on my porch, Dad couldn't take me like normal, so I was going with Catherine and Aunt Cali.

I could have gone with Zach, but he was going with his mother. Lately she has being trying to get closer to him, and I guess it's freaking him out. But I've been trying to get him to spend more time with her, because he'll never know when it could be their last. Letting out a sigh, I ran a hand through my hair, before I saw Aunt Cali and Catherine pull up.

Getting in the car, my eyes widen when I saw Catherine was driving. Closing the door, I glanced over at Aunt Cali, and she gave me a smile.

"Should I fear for my life?"

"Whatever Mel, I'm an awesome driver."

"Awesome doesn't equal safe though."

Rolling her eyes, Aunt Cali chuckled, and I threw on my seat belt.

"So Melissa how are you today?"

"I'm doing fine, can't wait to get this over with."

Aunt Cali glanced back at me giving a small smile, before Catherine turned on the radio. Staring out the window, I don't know if I'm excited or not about school coming. Yes I'm finally going to be a junior, but then again that means more work less fun. Squeezing my hands together, I stared down at my lap, which also means I'll have to be thinking about college soon.

Once we got to the school, anxiety was getting to me for no reason. Taking a few deep breaths, once the car was parked I got out. Catherine then threw her arm around my neck, before giving me a cheeky smile.

"Can you believe we're about to be junior."

"Seriously no."

"Well believe it, because here we are."

"Yeah, yeah."

Laughing we walked into the school with Aunt Cali right behind us. Going inside there was a bunch of people running around. Oh god, here we go again.

"Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk with you again."

"Oh my god Melissa, seriously."

Shrugging my shoulders at her, she started laughing pulling me along. The upcoming Juniors had to meet in the gym. That's when Catherine and I went our separate ways, you know since she hurried toward the line seeing someone she knew. Standing back, I slowly walked to the JKL line she went in. running a hand through my hair, the line wasn't that long, I just wanted to get out of this crowded gym.

Finally getting to the front, one of the teachers I knew, but she probably didn't remember me.

"Name?"

"Melissa King."

"Alright."

Looking through a bunch of stuff, she handed over my folder with a smile. Returning the smile, I stepped out the way taking a look at my schedule.

English 11

VA and US History

Calculus

Keyboarding

Spanish 3

Chemistry

Health and PE

Yearbook

My eyes widen for a moment, oh my freaking god this is a whole load. My arm was then grabbed, and I looked up to see Catherine. She had a big smile on, before peering down at my schedule.