Not Again...

Waking up my head felt a little fuzzy. The nurse was here now, and once checking me over, she sent me to class with a note. Having slept right through lunch, my stomach protested. Letting out a sigh, I'll just have to wait till after school to eat. Getting to class, the stares felt piercing, and after giving the note to my teacher, I went to my seat. Amara gave me a concern look, and I returned it with a reassuring smile.

You know since I went to sleep you would think I would feel more refreshed, but I just felt even more tired. The whispers were just so loud, and I was sick of people giving me glances and even full out staring.

"You ok, Melissa?"

Glancing over to Amara, once class was over she ended up walking with me to my locker.

"I guess, I'm just tired."

"Alright, just tell me if you need anything."

"OK, I will."

Waving as she then hurried to her next class, I pressed my forehead to my locker letting out a tired groan.

"Seems like you got a lot on your mind?"

Tensing at the voice behind me, slowly turning around I stared at the piercing green gaze. A tight feeling soon formed in my chest, as I pressed my back against the lockers.

What's with people meeting me at my locker today

"What do you want, Jackson."

Holding up his hands, he threw a smirk, before leaning forward to my face.

"Nothing really."

The smirk on his face made me not believe anything he said. Folding my arms, the bell was going to ring soon. Pushing off my locker, I moved to go around him.

"Well, I got to go then. "

Before I even made it five steps, he grabbed my arm giving me a blank stare.

"If I was Zach, I would never let someone hurt you. "

Rubbing his thumb around the bruise that had formed, I jerked myself from his grip. It felt like I still could feel his touch on my skin, and it made me really uncomfortable.

"Aw don't be like that."

He grinned, and I could feel my fists ball up. Is it me or does it seem like people just want to test me today? Inhaling a deep breath, before letting it out. I gave him a tight smile.

"If you were Zach, you would know I can take care of myself. But you're not, so why not mind your damn business."

The look of shock on his face almost made me laugh, but I took the chance to leave him behind. The desire of staying the rest of the day was gone, and I pulled out my phone.

Let's ditch, I want Starbucks

Staring at my phone as it rung for the fifth time, I let out a sigh, before taking a sip of my ice latte.

"You really not gonna answer that?"

Glancing over at Alice, I shook my head, before laying my phone down.

"Nope."

Catherine has been blowing up my phone for the last couple of minutes. I know she wanted to know what happened today like everyone else. Twirling my drink in my cup, I glanced out the window for a moment.

"Ok Mel, what's wrong?"

"Hmm?"

Glancing back at her, she folded her arms giving me a blank stare.