Here We Go Again

Zach POV

The sight of Jackson having Melissa pinned to the wall just snapped something in me. I don't know what the hell lead to that situation, but I'll be damn if Jackson puts his hands on her again. Glaring down at him, he smirked, before pushing himself up.

"Awe I didn't know you could care."

Jerking him by the shirt so we were face to face.

"Don't fuck with me, Jackson. You'll be sorry."

I watched something flashed in his eyes, before he smirked jerking away.

"You've gotten soft Zach."

His eyes darkened, before he shoved his hands in his pocket laughing. Moving so I was standing in front of Melissa, I felt as her hands gripped the back of my shirt.

"Well, I know when I'm not wanted. See you soon Melissa."

He smirked, before he turned walking down the hall, and disappearing around the corner.

Fuck Jackson better not start shit again.

"Zach?"

Turning around, I glanced down at Melissa, and she gave me a little smile.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm OK."

Searching her eyes for any doubt; I let out a sigh when I found none. Pulling her by the waist to me, I pressed a kiss on the top of her head, before pulling her down the hallway.

"I'm sorry about that."

"What was up with that guy, he said he's your cousin?"

"Yeah, on my Mom's side. I can't stand that ass; he's always causing shit to happen."

Passing the living room, I caught sight of my Mom, Aunts, as well as my little cousin. Probably gossiping like they do at every event we have, and I rolled my eyes pulling Melissa along.

"Come on, let's go outside."

"Alright."

Making it outside, the scent of weed was strong out here. Glancing around, I saw that most of the extras that call themselves my family had left or disappeared. Glancing over at Terrell standing with Derek talking; Melissa soon pulled away from me, before moving over toward Catherine. Shoving my hands in my pocket, I moved over toward Derek, before throwing my arm around his shoulder.

"Ya'll getting stone out here or what?"

"Naw man, it was some chick."

Glancing over at Terrell, he had a death glare staring back toward the house.

"What's wrong, Terror."

He scowled at me for the nickname, before folding his arms letting out a sigh.

"Trouble."

"Who?"

Could he be talking about Jackson?

"You know who."

Yeah, he's totally talking about Jackson.

"Who are ya'll talking about?"

Derek stared at us confused, and I let out a sigh. Yeah, he didn't know anything about Jackson, I probably should warn him while I'm at it. Letting my arm fall from his shoulder, I glanced from where the girls were to back at him.

"Listen Derek, have you met my cousin Jackson, yet?"

Folding his arms, he glanced up like he had to think about it so hard, and I rolled my eyes.

"Naw, don't think I have."

"Good. Don't fuck with him, he's bad news."

"Like needs his ass beat bad news or might get us in jail bad news."

"Both, if you let him get to you."

Glancing over at Terrell, he was staring at the girls now, with a worried look on his face.

"Shit. Can we have at least one year without some bullshit going on?"

Rolling my eyes at him, I shoved my hands in my pocket looking up at the sky.

"He already tried some shit with Melissa inside."

Catching both of their eyes, I balled my fists tightly. Thinking about it pisses me the fuck off all over again, and I took a deep breath.

"So I advise you keep an eye on the girls. He likes to play dirty and doesn't care who gets hurt in the process."

"Damn another psycho."

"You don't have any idea."

The doors to the house soon opened, and I watched as my younger cousin, Jess came out. Glancing around, her eyes soon landed on me and a big smile formed on her face.

"Zach!!!"

Waving her hands, she then took off in a run over to me. Crashing into my legs, she clung to me like a bear, as I looked down at her.

"What?"

"Auntie wants you come here."

Grabbing my hand, I was then being pulled behind her as she tried to rush us inside. Turning my head, I saw Melissa staring at me with a deep frown on her face. I wonder what that look is for.