"Thanks." She blushed.

JJ brought his hand up and lightly tapped the white flower. He wondered why she always had a flower in her hair, he'd never seen her without one. Truthfully, he found it adorable.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned curiously, he wondered if she had heard about the Grady White too, if she knew who's it was.

"I came to see Peterkin." Atlanta motioned you the Sheriff who was staring at them.

Ever since her mother died, Susan was the mother figure in her life. She was so thankful for her and she knew that her father and brother were too. Atlanta didn't know what she would do without the woman.

Peterkin motioned for her to come over to her, which made JJ tense. "That's my queue to leave. I'll see you later princess." He whispered, placing a light kiss on her neck, over the hickey's that he had left her last night.

"See you around Maybank." Atlanta smiled at the boy and offered him a small wave as he returned to his friends. The brunette slowly made her way to Sheriff Peterkin, who had an unimpressed look on her face.

Atlanta chuckled once she noticed, knowing that she would probably disapprove of the company that she kept. She shook her head before standing beside the woman.

"What are you doing with JJ Maybank?" Sheriff Peterkin questioned protectively. The Shoupe siblings were like the children that she never had, she would protect them with her life.

"He's just a friend." She smiled sweetly, as Peterkin wrapped her arm around Atlanta's shoulders and pulled her into a side hug.

"He's bad news." Peterkin warned the innocent looking brunette.

Peterkin had always felt protective over Atlanta, like a mother would her own child. She knew how much her mother cared for Atlanta, it was a tragedy what happened to her.

"He's just misunderstood." Atlanta shrugged, looking over to the rest of the cops. "What happened here?"

"Scooter Grubbs was found, dead." Peterkin summed up, pursing her lips as she did so.

Atlanta didn't know Scooter Grubbs much, all she knew was that he lived on the cut and often had no money. Whenever Atlanta saw him she made sure to give him a few dollars, she knew that he needed it more than she did.

"Does your dad or Barney know that you're here?" The woman asked curiously, knowing that they would probably disapprove.

"No, dad would kill me and Barney well, Barney would probably kill me too." Her dad hated that she went down to the cut so often.

He strongly beleived that the cut was filled with usless thugs and criminals. He believe that Atlanta should only stay on the Figure 8 side of the island. And Barnaby would just kill her, he was still slightly mad about the other night when she didn't tell him where she was.

Sheriff Peterkin looked over to John B. "How much do you know about them?" Atlanta looked to where Peterkin was looking.

She couldn't help but smile once she made eye contact with JJ. The boy made her happy, despite not spending that much time with him. He still brought a smile to her face.

"JJ and his friends?" Atlanta questioned. "Not much. JJ Maybank probably the hottest in the group," Peterkin grimaced, but it was natural for Atlanta to talk about boys with her. "Mild kleptomaniac, but you knew that already." 

There had been multiple times where Peterkin had arrested the boy for stealing. Atlanta had vistited the station a few times to take her dad lunch and seen him locked up in a holding cell. She often stopped and to have a small conversation with him about whatever he did. Sometimes she'd even persuade her dad or Peterkin to let him go without calling his dad.

"John B Routledge, the ring leader. He says, they do. Pope Heyward, the smartest person that I've ever had the pleasure of talking too. He's currently up for a scolarship and I really hope that he gets it. Kiara Carrera, she's a Kook, not many friends at the Kook academy. Loves animals and surfing." Atlanta concluded proudly.

JJ noticed her staring at him as she talked to Peterkin. He wondered what they were talking about. He tried to lip read but all he got was 'sponges and chocolate' so he was 100% positive that he couldn't lip read.

She looked incredibly beautiful today, the dress flowed down to just above her knees and her hair fell effortlessly in front of her face. He just wanted to tell her. But he didn't want to push any boundaries.

"Who are you staring at JJ?" Kie questioned, looking up to the blonde boy curiously.

"Oh," JJ cleared his throat nervously. "No one." He let his eyes flicker over Atlanta one last time before walking away with his friends.