Chapter Fifty Seven: The Champions

IT HAD taken Daisy a night to build up the courage to face her friends again

IT HAD taken Daisy a night to build up the courage to face her friends again. The previous nights events had been pushed to the back of her mind. She entered the great hall with her father, seeing many of the students already eating their breakfast. "I'll see you later, make sure you eat." Daisy had found her Slytherin friends, Snape walking to the teacher table. Dumbledore looked over to the duo, giving Daisy a look of sympathy. That damn twinkle.

"Daisy!" Draco called, the girl quickly walking over to the group. He greeted the girl standing up from his seat, opening his arms for a hug, bringing her in tightly. "I was so worried." His voice said it all. He really was worried about the girl. He let go, sitting back down and tucking into his bowl of cereal.

"We were worried." Pansy interrupted raising an eyebrow at the pair, hugging the girl over the table. "When you left, we tried to find you but we had to get to potions. We didn't want your dad to take points away." Daisy smiled, understanding.

"It's okay, I spent the evening with my dad. It was nice." She said truthfully. She was thankful that her dad understood her, especially when he missed out on so much of her life. It's like Severus had seen something else in her. Something that he may have seen in her mother. Lovely Lily. Daisy wondered if she would be exactly like her mother, just as much as everyone said so.

"We're glad you're okay now." Draco spoke as he smiled at the girl. His feelings for the girl were sure showing to everyone around them. She knew. He always remembered hearing his mother tell Daisy exactly how he felt. It was like his mother had known all along. "We watched everyone put their name in the goblet of fire last night. Nothing special from Hogwarts, but Viktor Krum put his name in the cup. It's bound to be him for Durmstrang." Daisy hummed, nodding. She took a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"I fear for anyone who has to face him." She spoke truthfully. The group nodded. "I just hope this contest doesn't bring any trouble. I feel something bad happening, and I just hope it doesn't involve me too much." She sighed. It was, she knew it would. She was the only weapon against Harry. It call came down to that.

There was only two days left until the three schools would find out the champion that would be representing them in the tournament. It was barbaric. People died for their school to win eternal glory. Daisy didn't like it one bit.

••

Thursday soon approached and the three schools had all squeezed themselves into the great hall, nervous faces awaiting to find out who the champions would be. For those that put their names in the goblet, anxiously waiting with their friends cheering them on.

Daisy sat at the back of the room with Draco, Pansy and Blaise on one side to her left, Harry, Ron and Hermione to the right. They wanted no part in this, not being old enough. Draco had protested being this close to the Gryffindor's, but he did it anyway, knowing Daisy wanted to surround herself with happiness after recent events. Her brother made her happy, no doubt about that, even if he did put her in danger every year.