Chapter Seventy Eight: Girl Talk

[A/N - Merry Christmas & a happy new year everyone! Below is just a small filler chapter for you to read while I work on the next long update. I hope you enjoy :) - chlo]

DAISY WOKE up before the sun had even started rising, noticing her housemates still asleep around her

DAISY WOKE up before the sun had even started rising, noticing her housemates still asleep around her. She sighed, realising it was only Friday and she still had another day of lessons before the weekend. She didn't mind though, as Friday's meant she had double potions with the Gryffindors, lunch and then study hall. She used this time to learn the theory behind Defence Against The Dark Arts, which, in her opinion, was useless without using magic.

As she sat up in her four poster bed, kicking the duvet back, she thought about her life now for just a mere moment. How five years ago she didn't even have a proper bed to sleep on, how the clothes she wore were never clean. It was nothing compared to the luxury she lived right now. She had a father, friends, a brother, and a boyfriend. She was at her most happiest in life, yet nerves lingered over her. She had come close to death many times within her childhood, but nothing close to how one certain dark wizard was plotting against her own brother. How she was protected by a boy that meant so much to her, a boy that loved her for who she was, without being scared off by her past. Draco meant to much to Daisy Snape. As a best friend and as a boyfriend, he never failed to cheer the girl up when things got their very worst.

"A knut for your thoughts?" Daisy was shaken out of her trance by Pansy Parkinson perching at the end of her bed. Daisy shook her head, coming round to reality. "Sorry, I hope I didn't startle you." Daisy smiled at her friend, fully awake now.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about life...oh, and Draco." Daisy moved closer to her friend, letting out a yawn.

"How are things going between you two?" Pansy questioned, Daisy feeling warm inside.

"Great actually. He really is special. Draco just gets me. He knows exactly how to make things better and knows when I am down. He accepts me for who I am, what's happened in my past. I don't think I could ever find that with anyone else." Daisy looked down at the emerald green ring sat on her index finger, the matching necklace hanging around her neck.

"You two are so cute. It's nice to see him happy for once, like genuinely happy. He deserves it and so do you. The perfect pair." Pansy nudged the girl playfully, giving the most cheesiest grin as she winked.

"How about you and Blaise?" Daisy questioned back. The girl lit up, ready to explode with excitement.

"Well, things with him are going...well, okay. We're still together, but I can't quite put my finger around whether this is just a school romance or a forever kind of thing. It's not like you and Draco. We don't spend lots of time together getting to know each other, happy and forgetting the world around us is still spinning. We spend our time in somewhat comfortable silence and I like that. But it's hard to read him and what he wants out of this." Pansy sighed deeply, rubbing her temples.