Chapter Seventy Two: Dementors in Little Whinging

DAISY HAD managed to arrive at Number four, Privet Drive safely to meet her brother a day later than planned due to her fathers schedule

DAISY HAD managed to arrive at Number four, Privet Drive safely to meet her brother a day later than planned due to her fathers schedule. For some unknown reason, the skies of Little Whinging were shining a bright, ice blue, unbearable temperatures that continued to rise throughout the day scorching over them. Harry had gone to the park alone to think, along with Dudley who had decided to use the opportunity to meet with his friends. Daisy had told Harry not to wait for her as she decided what outfit to wear that wouldn't make her melt like the ice cream Mr Dursley had been eating before she had gone upstairs.

She put on a white summer dress embroidered with flowers, the arms flowing against her skin. Her jet black hair was pinned into a tight bun, small pieces of hair flowing gracefully upon her face. She wouldn't need a jacket in this weather. Running down the stairs to not keep Harry waiting, she had remembered her book, but forgot the most crucial thing any witch or wizard needed, her wand. She waved goodbye to the Dursleys, not that they paid any attention to her, before walking down Privet Drive towards the park.

"Hiya Harry!" She waved, getting to the gate of the park. He sat alone on the swing, Daisy sitting in the vacant one next to him, placing her book down on the scorching tarmac next to her. "What are you thinking about?"

"Three guesses what." He sighed, lightly kicking off from ground, putting next to no effort into the swing.

"Harry, it was awful. I know. And I still blame myself for not doing anything. But we need to stay strong." Daisy tried to reassure him, but her words did not help. Instead, he turned to Dudley Dursley and his group of friends approaching them.

"Yeah, brilliant punch, Big D!" One of Dudley's friends beamed, fanning himself with his hand.

"Hey, Big D!" Harry teased as the boy approached the twins. "Beat up another?" Harry questioned, the group surrounding them sniggering.

"This one deserved it." Dudley chortled, in deep thought about his actions.

"Don't think that's rather nice, do you?" Daisy questioned, kicking back on the swing, humming.

"Stay out of this, Daisy." Harry whispered. He was right. She was just a guest and didn't know exactly what Dudley and his friends were like. "Five against one, very brave." Harry was clutching the metal of the swing harder and harder with every second, his knuckles turning white.

"Well you're the one to talk. Moaning in your sleep every single night! At least I'm not afraid of my pillow." The group behind Dudley laughed uncontrollably. Daisy thought about how they reminded her of Crabbe and Goyle, followers, not friends. "Don't kill Cedric. Who's Cedric? Is he your boyfriend?" Dudley teased him.