Chapter Eighty One: The First Lesson

THEY HAD found it

THEY HAD found it. They found the Room of Requirement. Well, to be precise, Neville Longbottom had found it. A perfect room equipped to their needs to teach their fellow peers all the magic they needed to defend themselves against the dark arts. Harry had told Daisy discreetly that they had found the suitable location, ready for classes to take place on the Friday evening after lessons. Daisy was looking forward to it.

This hadn't come without suspicion. Dolores Umbridge, using her power by the Ministry of Magic, had started to hang a series of decrees around the corridors, one which banned student organisations. Daisy was not surprised, the woman just knew, deep down, something like Dumbledore's Army would happen due to her lack of teaching magic.

"I'm going to see my brother. I have to talk to him about something." Daisy said abruptly on the first Friday evening. Draco had looked suspicious, but decided against asking questions. He knew what happened last time, and it pained him to think about going through that again. As she left the Slytherin Common Room, Daisy made her way up the moving staircase, through the dimly lit corridors, onto the fourth floor. Harry had told her it was here. To think hard about what her purpose was, and then she heard it. The crunching of brick sliding against each other, dust falling upon her pristine uniform. She had done it correctly.

Entering the room, Daisy's jaw dropped slightly. This castle was full of surprises. No matter how long she had lived here for, there were still places yet to be discovered, and this was one of them. The room was bright, mirrors lined the walls as well as several tall bookshelves full of dusty tomes that looked like they had never been touched by a single student at Hogwarts for centuries. It was big enough to fit all of the young order in, but comfortable enough to feel like a proper classroom.

Harry stood there, beaming up at the girl as she entered, throwing her bag into the far corner. The room echoed with the thud, the candle next to her fluttered. "This room is extraordinary, Harry. I can see why you've chosen it." Daisy spoke, taking out her wand as she twirled this around her fingers. It was just the twins alone, both too nervous to speak too much.

"Are you ready?" Harry asked to the Slytherin. Daisy nodded, hair falling from behind her ears. And with those words, Daisy regretted it. Every student they had seen at the grubby pub followed Hermione and Ron into the room, crowding around them. It was a sight Daisy or Harry were not used to. It was loud, students around them exclaiming their awe for the room they now stood in. It was simply perfect. This was the home for Dumbledore's Army.

"Okay, welcome!" Daisy greeted the group, the noise now at a minimum. Daisy was sure the room could hear her thumping heartbeat as she looked around, seeing everyone watching them.

"Welcome everyone. Now, I appreciate you all joining Daisy and I at such short notice." Harry paused, scanning the room. Daisy could see her eyes focused on one particular person, Cho. She was determined to find out what was going on between them. "So today's lesson will be a simple one, something to ease ourselves into it." Harry looked over to Daisy, beckoning her to finish. Harry had provided the girl with a written plan of what they were going to teach, so she was fully aware of what was going to happen.