Chapter Sixty Nine: The Final Task

IT WAS FINALLY the time all students of the three wizarding schools were waiting for; the final task of the Triwizard Tournament

IT WAS FINALLY the time all students of the three wizarding schools were waiting for; the final task of the Triwizard Tournament. For Daisy and Harry, if felt like danger. Harry had been telling Daisy about some dreams he was having, one where Daisy had joined the dark side and one where he was at a graveyard, but he wasn't able to give her much detail.

Daisy had woken early from her disturbed slumber, not being able to sleep properly due to her nerves and the one boy that occupied her mind. The all familiar blonde boy was always on her mind. Draco. He was nervous for Daisy. She didn't know what to expect from this task and Draco didn't like it. He didn't want her to become hurt. She simply didn't deserve that. Dumbledore had told them minor details about the task and that it would involve some sort of maze, but he didn't tell them anything else.

Draco had comforted her in the days leading up to the task, helping her prepare with defensive spells and many words of reassurance, which had lightened Daisy's mood just a little bit. Her father had also tried to contribute where he could, but Daisy knew that he knew more details about the task than he let off.

"It's going to be absolutely fine, Daisy. But please, do eat some breakfast." Draco spoke, concerned for the girl as she pushed the cereal around her bowl, lifting up the spoon and tipping out the content back into the bowl. She sighed.

"I'm just worried about what is going to happen. I don't want to not be able to fight something off because I forget how to use magic." She took a small spoonful, placing it in her mouth and chewing slowly. Her mind was filled with hundreds of thoughts about the maze and what it would entail.

"You won't, you're too powerful for that. Now eat your breakfast. We have a whole day to prepare for." She gave him a light smile, trying to finish her food.

Draco's idea of preparing for the day was sitting under Daisy's favourite tree, reading books. Actually, he focused more on her rather than the books. He tried to calm her in as many ways as possible. Daisy lay on the grass, her head resting on Draco's lap as she read about blocking spells. She thought back to the time when her boyfriend had duelled her brother when Lockhart had attempted to teach the students these spells during her second year. She chuckled to herself.

"What's so funny, Dais?" Draco questioned. He was reading his own book, well Daisy's book, that she had gifted him. He understood why she loved it so much. Shakespeare truly was magical with words.

"I'm just thinking about the time you and Harry dulled in second year. Life was so...different then." She chuckled again. Draco was glad his face was covered by a book because his cheeks had turned a bright crimson in embarrassment.

"Yes, so funny." He shook his head smiling. He put down his book, looking down at the girl. He could just see her face under her book, in deep thought. She looked worried, but Draco wasn't surprised. He had a strong feeling she was going to win the tournament, but didn't know what type of task she was about to partake in. He felt scared for her. He never wanted to see her in pain, or see her hurt. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. The way the sun reflected off her green eyes, the way her pale skin glowed, how her mouth fell slightly open when she was concentrating hard. Everything about her amazed him.