Chapter Eighty Three: Secrets

[a/n: you will see some changes to the storyline because this is my fanfic and ootp needs a little bit of a tweak to fit my vibes! Sorry for the delay in posting, I am one busy person at the moment but I will get back to regular posting soon! chlo <3]

AS THE WEEKS went on, snow fell across the hills surrounding the magical school, glistening in the little daylight they had over the wintery months.

Daisy had been meeting with Harry and Dumbledore's army almost weekly, practicing defensive spells alongside their learning. They had moved from disarming spells to stunning spells, anything that would be useful in fighting dark wizards that could strike at any given moment.

"Students may sign up to the inquisitorial squad for extra credit."

Daisy had audibly laughed at the idea of joining a group of people to watch out for those that broke Professor Umbridge's long list of rules. "You're not seriously thinking of signing up, are you?" Daisy questioned Draco as he held the sign up sheet in his hand, taking a quill from his bag. He nodded his head, frowning towards the girl.

The pair sat alone in the far corner of the common room, homework scattered around them. Sheets of parchment were neatly rolled between them, Daisy looking rather disgruntled at her potions homework.

"Why not? It could be fun, plus my father would be proud to hear I get extra credit for helping." The boy shrugged as he dipped his quill into ink, scrawling his name on top of the parchment.

"That woman tortured Harry and I, if you haven't forgotten. Her idea of changing the school is barbaric. How can you support that, Draco?" Daisy's once smiling face was replaced with a scowl, a look resembling her father.

"I just think it will be good for me. What she did to you was unforgivable, but I want to do this with the rest of our friends. Please support that, Daisy." The blonde sounded disheartened as he continued to fill out the sheet on why he would be a good member of the squad.

"I can't Draco, I'm sorry. That woman has put us all through enough, I can't support the plans she has for this school. Not when the future is already so uncertain." Daisy started to pack up her bag as she finished the last few amendments to her homework, making sure she hadn't forgotten anything.

"I understand. I really do. I just don't want to let my family down. Or you." Draco scrunched up the piece of paper, standing up from his seat as he walked directly over to the fire, throwing the piece of paper inside.

"Draco, if it means that much to you then do it. I just will not be joining you with that." Draco shook his head, sitting back down next to the girl. The room was eerie silent, most students using their free time to sit in the library. With only a few short weeks left until the end of term before the Christmas holiday, OWL students were under even more pressure.