Chapter Eighty Four: Magic and Mistletoe

HARRY HAD CALLED the last Dumbledore's Army meeting the week before the holidays started

HARRY HAD CALLED the last Dumbledore's Army meeting the week before the holidays started. Three long weeks until they could meet again due to everyone going home for the festive period. Daisy was rather excited to spend Christmas at home this year with her father, just the two of them. The castle grounds had been scattered with a fine dusting of snow, glistening under the afternoon sun, piles of bewitched snowballs laying in any possible hidden corner of the grounds, something Daisy remembered from her first ever Christmas at Hogwarts. It was always the work of the Weasley Twins.

Friday, 7:30pm, Room of Requirement.

"You know what, I understand why that brother of mine hates seeing me with you. Seeing him with that Ravenclaw girl...if she dare hurts him..." Daisy stopped as Draco let out the loudest chuckle, turning heads around them. The pair sat in the Great Hall, eating their dinner as fast as possible. Daisy had other places to be tonight. "What's so funny, Malfoy?" Daisy raised an eyebrow, looking curiously at the boy.

"You sound so much like Harry when he first found out we were together. Sounds like you're being a little too protective there, Daisy." Her face went red as she realised she was being exactly like Harry had been just the year prior.

"It's been almost a year and he still wants to hex you. I don't think that will ever change." Daisy chuckled, shoving a spoonful of mashed potatoes into her mouth. "He wants me to be happy." She spoke as she swallowed her food, dabbing the corners of her mouth with a napkin.

"Almost a year, already. Where does the time go?" Draco spoke, cutting into a piece of broccoli. He thought back to those nights many months ago, how he dreamed of having the courage to tell Daisy Snape how he really felt about her. How Narcissa Malfoy had noticed just how much he cared for the girl, how she had told Daisy exactly how he felt before he has the chance. It felt like a lifetime ago to him. "You are happy, right?" Draco questioned, a hint of worry in his voice.

"I've never been more happier, Draco." She reassured the boy, taking his hand under the table and giving it a light squeeze. "You have no idea how happy you make me." Daisy gave him a warm smile, looking over at her brother. He was excusing himself from the table, along with a number of other students. It was almost 7:30pm. "I have to go, I'll see you in the common room soon." Daisy stood up, placing a delicate kiss on the cheek.

"Be safe, my love." He waved her goodbye as he watched her walk away from the Slytherin table, hurrying to meet her brother.

••

"What do you have planned for your year anniversary with Daisy? That's coming up soon, isn't it?" Blaise questioned the boy as the group sat in the corner of the room playing cards together. Daisy said she would be back at 8:45pm. She had been gone only 30 minutes, but it felt too long for Draco.