Chapter Eighty Two: The Snape Family

IN JUST A FEW short weeks, Hogwarts had changed for the worst

IN JUST A FEW short weeks, Hogwarts had changed for the worst. As Professor Umbridge had been appointed as High Inquisitor, this brought along a number of Educational Decrees that no student was fond of.

"Educational decree no. 82 — all Students will submit to questioning about suspected illicit activities"

Daisy had avoided talking about anything relating to magic with her friends, afraid she would slip up and mention Dumbledore's Army. Harry and Hermione had come up with a plan to use a galleon style coin to state next meeting times, avoiding eavesdropping around them. They all didn't dance being subject to questioning by the Defence Against the Dark Arts professor.

Daisy had chosen to skip the group's usual Hogsmeade weekend to stay behind. She had felt the coin burn in her trouser pocket, signifying the change of date and time for the next meeting.

Friday at 6pm, usual place. She would be there.

Daisy used her free time to visit her father in his classroom. Despite being in the same place, Daisy didn't spend enough time with her father anymore. He was the reason she was safe and sound, the reason she felt so loved. All those years ago, he had accepted the girl and taken her under his wing, not realising she was his biological daughter. The daughter that was undoubtedly his and Lily's child. Daisy Snape was a spitting image of her mother and father. The dark hair from Severus, but those piercing green eyes from Lily. She was a talented witch, with kindness that had been a gift from her mother. Severus Snape was truly proud of his daughter. She had remained strong throughout every life challenge thrown at her. It was that courage he admired. He just knew Lily would be proud of her.

Daisy knocked on the potions classroom door, the door slightly ajar as she poked her head through the gap, seeing her father sat in the far corner, reading through a textbook. "Come in," his flat tone filled the room as he looked up, noticing his daughter enter the room. "Daisy, hello." As she made her way into the room, Daisy noticed a student sat in the corner of the room, cleaning out caldrons without magic. "You may leave now, Bartlett. Hopefully this will teach you a lesson to pay attention in class. Five points will be taken from Ravenclaw." The boy got up, nodding as he placed the last caldron away, hastily preparing to leave the room without another word.

Daisy sat down at the desk in front of her fathers, crossing her legs under her on the wooden bench as she noticed several portion ingredients laid out in front of her. "Hi Dad." she spoke as the door shut behind the boy, the room falling to a comfortable silence.

"Are you okay, Daisy?" the girl nodded, studying the ingredients. Her dad looked at the girl closely, seeing her in deep thought.

"I'm good." she paused briefly, "What are you brewing veritaserum for?" Daisy questioned, noting down each ingredient in her head, knowing today was a new moon thanks to her Astronomy homework.