Chapter Fifty Five: Guests

[A/N: Ta dahhh, another chapter you say?! I've got you!

I have so much motivation for this story that I've had a plan. I'm going to rewrite earlier chapters and as soon as I get to these chapters on the re-write, I'll transfer them over.

It's about time I finished this story, so be prepared for many updates!
- chloe]

••

TODAY was the day. The day everyone would return to Hogwarts. The guests, also arriving later in the evening. Daisy was scared. Too scared to put into words. She just wanted to see her brother, to know he was safe.

The thing that she feared most was amongst them.  The darkness. It was everywhere. Waiting to strike when they least expected it, but for Daisy and Harry they knew that the darkness surrounded them everywhere they went.

On this crisp autumn morning, Daisy woke to the sound of screaming in her mind. A nightmare. She hadn't had one in a while, but when she did they hit her hard. Harder than she had ever expected. This one, however wasn't about her gruesome past, or the events leading to her mother's death. It was something new, something she never expected to see in a dream like that; the death of her brother and her best friend. Draco.

Draco was always on her mind, in a good way. The events in the holiday made her think. She really did like the boy, and he liked her. He was very protective of her, looking out for his best friend. The one he cared for most.

"Daisy, are you okay?" A loud knock was heard at her bedroom door accompanied by the voice of her father, shaking her out of her trance. Severus had been very concerned for his daughter. Maybe he sensed the fear too. It almost felt like a weight had been put on every witch and wizards shoulder, lingering over them.

"I'm fine." She shouted back. Another lie. She wasn't fine. Maybe this was because of the unexpected meeting of her adoptive parents bringing back the memories of what she had tried to forget, or the powers she held. The only weapon against her brother. The one weapon she knew Lord Voldemort would want.

"You're not fine, Daisy. I can tell you're lying." Her father replied, concerned. "Let me in so we can talk." There was a brief pause. "Please." He sighed. Daisy was becoming hard work for Severus when it came to situations like this, keeping her thoughts to herself and not opening up.

Her bare feet pattered against the bare wooden floor, her opening the door just a bit. Severus was stood there, giving a look of sympathy to his daughter. "Fine." She huffed. "But over pancakes, I'm hungry." She walked straight past her father, over to the living area. He looked back at the girl, bewildered.

As the girl requested, pancakes were soon out in front of her, the smell of maple syrup filling the room. "So, do you want to talk about it now?" Severus asked. The girl sighed, realising she probably had no choice but to tell him.

"It was a nightmare. Another one." She paused to take a bite. "This time it was different."

"How so?" Snape questioned, turning the page of his newspaper he had picked up prior. The front page was still about the events of the Quidditch World Cup.

"It wasn't about the usual stuff, you know," she paused again, letting out another sigh. Snape looked at her, confused. "It was about Draco and Harry." She frowned.