Chapter Seventy Three: The Hearing and A Meeting at the Manor

THE JOURNEY directly to the ministry had been long for Daisy

THE JOURNEY directly to the ministry had been long for Daisy. Her dad had not let her travel with Harry and Mr Weasley, much to her disliking. Severus simply would not let his daughter out of his sight ever since she had returned home from St Mungo's. Severus had been informed that the hearing had changed time instantly on their arrival, ushering his daughter around the building.

At the end of the corridor stood a figure the father-daughter duo knew too well; Lucius Malfoy. The blonde wizard stood proudly in his place, a scowl etched on his face. Next to him, the minister for magic stood, absorbing his every word. The two wizards quickly silenced as they noticed the pair.

"Daisy." Lucius greeted the girl first. "My son asked me to pass on his well wishes to you." Daisy smiled slightly.

"Hello Mr Malfoy." She nodded politely, taking her hands out of her dress pockets.

"Severus. I'm sure you received my owl?" Lucius questioned. Daisy didn't know what the men had been talking about. But deep down Daisy knew it was to do with one particular dark wizard. Severus nodded in response.

"I did. When is it?" Severus questioned. Daisy wasn't sure that this conversation was to be held around her.

"Tonight at seven o'clock, Malfoy Manor. Bring Daisy if you must. I'm sure she will be fine staying with my son while we deal with our business." Severus nodded.

"We'll be there. I think it's time we head over to the hearing now." Severus bid his farewell to the older Malfoy, Daisy not daring to ask any questions.

"When you go on there, tell them the truth and nothing but the truth. I know Potter is your brother, but you are simply a witness and didn't see the full events. I'm not allowed in with you, but I will wait outside for when the hearing is over." Daisy nodded as she walked into a room. Inside, people were already sat in the stands dressed in bright coloured cloaks and hats. At the side of the room sat her brother and Ms. Figg, Harry's neighbour from across the road at 4, Privet Drive.

Daisy quickly hurried into the room, taking her seat next to Harry. She didn't dare speak to him as the older witches and wizards looked directly at them, gossiping amongst themselves about the twins. This was nothing out of the ordinary for them, they were talked about everywhere they went. Harry was ushered into a chair in the centre of the room by a ministry worker as Cornelius Fudge entered the room, taking a stand at the podium. Daisy waved to her brother, giving him a sympathetic look. He, quite simply, was petrified.

"Disciplinary hearing of the 12th of August, into offenses committed by Harry James Potter. Resident at Number 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey." The room silenced as the minister for magic spoke. He looked directly at Harry, then to Daisy. "Interrogators: Cornelius Oswald Fudge, Minister of Mag—". At that moment, the door to the courthouse burst open with a loud slam that echoed across the room, making Daisy flinch. The entire room looked around for the source, seeing a familiar wizard enter the room.