Chapter Seventy: The Goodbye

[A/N: guess what? I'm back! I've finally finished my uni assignment and now have time to update. This is just a lil cute chapter, but order of the phoenix starts very soon! Happy Valentine's Day to you all, no matter who you are spending it with. Stay safe!]

IT HAD FINALLY reached the end of a school year, but for the students of Hogwarts and their guests it was rather sad

IT HAD FINALLY reached the end of a school year, but for the students of Hogwarts and their guests it was rather sad. The news that their defence against the dark arts teacher was actually an escapee from Azkaban had made its way around the school rather quickly, but not distracting the students on what had happened at the tournament they had just witnessed.

The school had decided to hold a small memorial service for Cedric Diggory, the students having the chance to pay their respects to the boy. Daisy felt awful. That night, she could only watch. She couldn't help. She couldn't save her brother from getting hurt, or sparing Cedric from death. Draco Malfoy never left her side after that night. He didn't know how she was really feeling, she hid most of her emotions to put on a brave face. He knew that she was not okay. She had started to blame herself for his death, despite everyone telling her the opposite.

The assembly was full of tears, full of sadness. Daisy sat next to Draco, holding his hand and squeezing hard, stopping herself from crying. It was all her fault. Why didn't she help him? "You shouldn't be blaming yourself, Daisy. It's not your fault." Draco held her hand even tighter. She breathed heavy, shaking her head.

"It's all my fault. I should have helped him." She whispered as the last students made their way into the hall, sitting next to their friends. Dumbledore stood in front of the three schools. Sadness lingered over them, feeling heavy on all students chests.

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard working, intricately fair minded. And most importantly a fierce, fierce friend." Dumbledore frowned as he saw the faces of the students drop in sadness, seeing a few break into tears. "I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort." Whispers started. It was right. Voldemort was back. Daisy knew, Harry knew. They had saw his return. "The ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." Daisy frowned. She had made some new friends with the champions this year. The schools grew closer than ever, but inside they all had a beating heart, they all deserved the best lives they could get. None of them deserved to witness such events that happened the days prior to this. It wasn't long before Dumbledore dismissed them. It was their last day as three wizarding schools under one roof. Durmstrang and Beauxbatons would be returning to their own schools after dinner.