Chapter Seventy Five: Legilimency

IMPORTANT A/N - this chapter is going to go deep into Daisy's past and will include references to assault (physical and sexual), torture and abuse. If this is something that affects you please do not continue. This is a filler chapter and does not contain anything important to the story. Please also feel free to reach out if you are affected by anything mentioned. I am here to listen <3

HER MIND HAD not given her a break over the last several days since arriving at Hogwarts

HER MIND HAD not given her a break over the last several days since arriving at Hogwarts. Daisy sighed deeply as she had been awoken by another nightmare. No potion was helping her. She was concerned about how much this was affecting her. How she had gone from being her happiest to feeling like she was back at her adoptive parents house, being tortured for wanting to be a child.  She was suddenly feeling angry all the time. She would take it out in her friends, her father, even Draco. She had found out the previous night that Harry was feeling unusually irritated as well. It felt like dark magic.

"Good morning dray." Daisy smiled, making her way down the stairs into the dimly lit common room. The boy sat on the sofa waiting for her, giving her the warmest smile as she approached him.

"Good morning, Dais." He stood up, bringing the girl into a tight hug. She had been quite open about her nightmares with him. "Another one?" She nodded, breaking away from the hug.

"Mhm, same as last time." She frowned. Draco looked down at Daisy, placing a delicate kiss on her temple. He wanted to take this away from her, to make her feel better. "Draco, I want to let you in. So you can see everything. I want to be honest with you about everything." She knew this would be the only way he understood how her mind works, how it made her feel.

"Dais, we've already talked about this. Only when you are ready." The pair sat down, squished into a singular arm chair. Draco snaked his arm around the girls waist, pulling her in.

"I know. And I'm ready." The girl brought her head down to Draco's shoulder, both arms around his neck. Safety.

"Are you sure?" Daisy nodded against him. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable." Draco brought his hand up to the girls hair, wrapping small pieces around his finger. He noticed how the girl seemed to calm down every time she was in his arms.

"I want to, Draco. I don't want to keep hiding the past from someone I love." She adjusted her weight, looking up at the boy. "I trust you a lot. Being open about my past is the only way I'm going to get through these issues." He didn't say anything, but instead brought his hand up to the girls face, cupping the delicate skin below, before closing the gap between them. Daisy pulled the boy in closer, deepening the kiss. It was just them two in that moment, nobody else in the room around them mattered. It was full of love, full of the words he couldn't find himself to say. It was like a warmth had spread around them, a protection. He had found his home in her.