Chapter Seventy Seven: Date.

(a/n - hi, I'm back! I'm trying to progress the story now as I really want to get this finished. You are going to see Daisy and Draco mature and open up, but there isn't anything that really requires a warning! Happy reading - chlo)

 You are going to see Daisy and Draco mature and open up, but there isn't anything that really requires a warning! Happy reading - chlo)

DRACO HAD NEVER felt quite as nervous as he did waiting at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the dorms. It was a chilly Saturday in the height of September, autumn leaves falling down across the scenery of Hogwarts, clouds glazing over the usual, blue sky. He was dressed smarter than usual, a thick winter coat draped over his arm. He had been waiting patiently for his best friend, ready to spend the day in Hogsmeade — just the two of them. Nerves dawned him again. "It's just Daisy," he thought. Just the girl he had completely fallen for these past few years. It had come to both of their minds that despite being together for almost a year, they had never been on a single date. Draco had decided that this day was the day to change that.

Daisy walked down the stairs dressed in a emerald green jumper, black dress pants and her favourite black coat. Her hair pinned back away from her face. Her cheeks glowed a shade of pink as she saw the boy waiting for her, giving her the biggest smile she had seen. "You look rather handsome, Mr Malfoy." Daisy engulfed the boy in a tight hug, placing a kiss to his cheek as his nerves melted away.

"Dais, you always look beautiful. This colour matches you eyes." He pointed to the sweater before looking deep into her eyes. The way different shades of green swirled together, how they sparkled every time she smiled. It was one of Draco's many favourite things about the girl. His finger danced across her delicate, pale skin, before placing a kiss directly where his finger had been. "Shall we head outside?" Draco asked, taking the girls hand in his own. Daisy nodded, practically dragging the boy towards the door.

"I thought you'd never ask. I've been dying for a butterbeer all morning." Draco let out a small chuckle, shaking his head towards the girl. He admired every single thing about Daisy. He had also promised Professor Snape that he would keep the girl safe.

It was almost lunch time when the pair finally reached the wizarding village, making small talk as they walked past students and teachers alike. Daisy's hand never left Draco's as they walked through the autumn air, the wind blowing through their hair, the breeze nipping at their pale skin. They walked straight into the wizarding pub, taking off their coats as soon as they entered the door. The dimly lit room glowed a deep orange as the fire crackled in the corner, wizards and witches alike sitting around and rubbing their hands together. "Why don't you go find a table and I'll order us drinks?" Draco asked, placing his hand against the girls back as she nodded, scanning the room for the perfect seat. Her eyes settled for a booth in the corner, just close enough to the fire to get some heat. She walked over to the table, placing her coat next to her as she took a seat.