Chapter Four: Christmas Eve.

*Snapes Point Of View*

Today is Christmas Eve. It's fair to say, it's obvious Daisy has never had a proper christmas. The poor child isn't even excited.

Tonight is the Hogwarts Christmas feast. All the students that stayed over the holidays, which isn't many, gather in the great hall for a Christmas dinner and lots of fun like carols and parties.

It's the first Christmas in years that I haven't spent it alone. I've put a tree up this year and I get to spend it with my daughter. I still need to have a little chat with Dumbledore about her, but that can wait till after Christmas.

"Daisy, come here!" I called in my usual, cold tone. I heard her bedroom door open and her little feet clapping, against the stone floor of the dungeons.

"Yes father?" She asked as she approached the doorway of my office, nothing above a whisper came out of her mouth. She was still very shy and she had only just started calling me dad or father.

"Get dressed in something nice, tonight is the Christmas feast. You will sit next to me at the staff table." I said. She nodded taking my order and walking back to her room. She wasn't a naughty child, she obeyed my orders and I actually haven't had to tell her off yet. It's probably something to do with her past. To be honest, the girl was easy to read.

Prior to her stay in my quarters, I found that Dumbledore had brought the child clothes. Daisy loved them, I wasn't surprised seems she came here in old rags. I couldn't imagine what her adoptive parents did to her.

-----------

The evening approached and we were leaving for the great hall, 10 minuets before the students. This would be the first time Daisy would join us in the hall for a meal. Usually, she ate in my quarters.

I wore my usual black attire and the 10 year old, close behind me wore a small green dress, a green cloak and black buckle pumps. I sat at the end of the table and Daisy sat in the middle of me and Professor McGonagall.

The children all walked in looking at the staff table and you could see the confusion in their faces to see a child at the staff table. Daisy's face held the same expression as mine, blank. She'd picked up a lot of my my facial expressions and tones over the past weeks. It made me laugh a lot. Although, no one saw that.

Albus said his speech and the food appeared. Daisy's face was confused and surprised. It was amusing to watch. We all ate in silence with the minimal conversation being past around and after that, we left for the night.

Daisy ran down to the dungeons, her black hair waving behind her. When we got in, she changed in to her pyjamas and she fell asleep instantly. I tucked her in and kissed her forehead and went to bed myself.

I couldn't wait to see her face tomorrow, I hope she enjoys her first Christmas with me.