Chapter 49

"Huh? Get off!" Wolfie pushes the peridot away, "My assignment left me with you! That does not mean you own me!"

Bismuth pats her shoulder, "Course we don't. Steven doesn't either."

"Do not address my diamond so informally."

She chuckles and sighs, "Peridot, You've know Wolfie the longest. Any ideas?"

"Well for starters, she was never so aggressive..maybe because she received less kindness when she emerged originally. Both times she met a diamond though. "Hmm or maybe..oh! She was never used to be a ruby! She was used to be a pearl! We're already off track. She needs a diamond to ask her to work as a pearl and then give her a break. That's how we properly started talking and gave eachother nicknames! Not long after that the diamonds found out she was a diamond and gave her the rightful status she deserved! And then we should be fine." She smiles

Lapis chuckles, "It's strange that you remember it all perfectly. But maybe we don't have to do everything spot on. If we try get her to go by a script than it'll never work. We need to find something that can connect those dots."

Bismuth hums before snapping her fingers, "Hey, Ruby?"

Wolfie looks up to bismuth, "Hm?"
"Your diamond told me that you are supposed to be going around acting not like a ruby, but a pearl. You're doing your job wrong."

Wolfie jolts in shock, "W-what?! I apologise!" She puts her head down. It's like that Ruby spirit has flickered out straight away. She was very good at adapting.

Peridot looks to bismuth, "I thought we weren't going by script?"
She shrugs, "We gotta start somewhere."

Peridot thinks for a bit, "Wolfie always loved the homeworld gardens..all the gem themed flowers they had made her sneak off from her job and get in trouble." She smiles softly but let's it quickly drop, "Where are we gonna get homeworld flowers? We don't grow them!"

Lapis smiles, "I think I know someone."

~A short walk away~

(Old art so it's bad :) )"Hiya Lapis! What can I do for you?" Moonstone greets as she opens her door, "Oh! What a nice surprise! Nice to see you my diam- no no wait! Heh, Wolfie! Still stuck in old habits

"Hiya Lapis! What can I do for you?" Moonstone greets as she opens her door, "Oh! What a nice surprise! Nice to see you my diam- no no wait! Heh, Wolfie! Still stuck in old habits. Silly me." She smiles

Wolfie looks her up and down, staying silent. Moonstone raises an eyebrow, "Somethin up?"

"Yeah actually, that's why we're here. You grow homeworld flowers here right?" Lapis questions

"Oh yeah all sorts! Why? Want some to spruce up the old garden?" Moonstone grins. Peridot shakes her head, "Can we have a bouquet of them?"

"Aw! Does the green bean have a special someone? Let me squish your little face!!" She leans down, pinching the side's of her face, "Get off you clod!!" Peridot pulls her hands away. "Aw, Okay! Come look around the garden while I make your bouquet." She smiles and walks them out the her garden, letting them have a look around.

Wolfie looks down at the flowers with Garnet, "These are..beautiful." Wolfie smiles as Garnet picks a red and blue one. Bismuth nudges Peridot, "Talk to her."

Peridot nods and walks foward, "You Uhm, like the flowers?" She smiles nervously. Her nerves were as high when they first met. She looks over to her, "Yes..they are," she holds one in her hand, "Nice." She smiles.

Peridot looks back at Bismuth and lapis who wave their hands at her to do something. Peridot shrugs to them before picking a Pale blue flower and putting it in Wolfie's hair, "H-Here."

"Hm? Are you..decorating me?" Wolfie puts her hand to the flower. Peridot shakes her head, "No no, it just..suits you." She smiles softly. Wolfie blushes lightly, "Uhm..thank you, Peri."

"What did you just call me?" Peridot lightens up, "O-Oh- I called you peri! Sorry..should I not?"

"Nono! Please call me that! As long as I get to call you Wolfie!" She grins happily. Wolfie pauses as Peridot grabs one of her hands excitedly.

"Wolfie.." Wolfie says to herself as her form starts to glow and lift up to change. Lapis smiles and gives Peridot a thumbs up. As Wolfie cycles through her forms, she was about to change into her crystal gem form, but a disruption would ruin this.

"TAA-DAAAA! GOT YOUR BOUQUET!!" Moonstone pops out, making Wolfie's form startle and fall to the ground. Now, a few forms before her crystal gem form...what could that be?

Wolfie looks up from the ground, teary eyed, "P-Pink.." she frowns and sniffles.

Bismuth sighs, "Well, Shi-