☆Chapter 22☆

☆◇Steven's P.O.V◇☆

After working hard to get Ruby and Sapphire back together, I watch from the house as Ruby proposes.

Sapphire, of course says yes and then hug each other tightly. I smile slightly but guilt still resides in my brain.

Poor Wolfie.

What had Mom caused? She had...broken her. Mentally.

She seemed more affected than I had ever imagined.

I'm broken away from my trance as Pearl tells me to go to bed and we'll start planning in the morning.

I didn't sleep though, I stared at the ceiling. How could I ever make this right?

Before I knew it, it was morning and we were planning the wedding. Dad would play music of course and i'd be marrying them to each other. Peridot was nominated to be the Flower girl.

We were writing out invites and I hear sapphire sadly talking about the people who couldn't come. Ruby handed her a Red card.

"What's that?"

I lean over and read it.

Dearest Wolfie,

Sorry. We truly wish it didn't end up this way but I guess things happen and you weren't in your right-mind.

We forgive you and we miss you. So, we hope you see the wedding. Even if it's impossible for you to know, we hope you're happy.

Sincerely,

Ruby and Sapphire.

XoXo        

"Ruby...Sapphire..."

They both sigh simultaneously.

"We want...her bubble at our wedding."

I nod and smile.

"Of course"

I'll do them one better!

-time skip and bismuth is back!-

"Did you...Bismuth me?"

Tears pour down Sapphire and Pearls face. Ruby and Them both tackle Bismuth down in a hug. I chuckle and nod to bismuth who hands them their rings.

"Steven said you'd like 'em more than Weapons"

"We love 'em!"

We all happily bond for the rest of the day, excitedly thinking of how the wedding was in a few days. Late at night, I was going to bed when I hear a quiet sobbing in the bathroom. I quietly go down and open the door, peaking in.

Peridot was crying...

"First Lapis and now... now Wolfie!"

She sobs into her hands. I walk in a hug her. She clings onto me and sobs onto my shoulder.

"Peridot...it's gonna be okay.."

She sniffles in response. I sigh and comfort her for most of the night, only getting about two hours of sleep.

Once again, we're planning outfits and writing invites. I sneak off and head back to the temple. I need a break so I head into the bubble room.

In the room, I spot Wolfie's bubble and take it in my hands.

"I'm..sorry."

Suddenly, the bubble slips from my hands and falls to the ground, popping.

"No No No No!"

She starts reforming

"I'm screwed!"

☆◇Wolfie's P.O.V◇☆

"W-What? How am I..?"

I turn around and see Pink, sweating nervously.

"Um...hi?"

I growl and reach for my gem to grab a weapon until he holds out his hands.

"W-Wait! Wolfie! We can talk!"

I sigh and stop going for my weapon.

"Fine. I'm listening. "

"Umm...I didn't think I'd get this far. J-just...look at me. I'm not Pink. I'm Steven! I'm the guy you got to know! You used to hate me but now we're friends! Please..."

I sigh, he isn't pink. I'm just...taking it out on him. I fall to my knees and tears well up in my eyes.

"I'm sorry...Steven...I'm..."

"WAIT! Wolfieeee! You have a star!"

"W-What?! Get it off!"

He laughs and hugs me. I sigh and ease into the hug, smiling.

"I guess I could keep it..."