Chapter 38

"It's moonstone. She was a gem from my colony. She was different. Not like how she was meant to be."

I look at Wolfie pitifully as she sighs and looks at the gen shards again, "What do Moonstone's do in Homeworld?"

"Hmm, Well they are made to assist Kindergarteners and Diamonds design how they want a gem to be formed. Their shapeshifting is the best out of any regular gem. They are basically supposed have simple forms with long hair and an average height and weight. My moonstone had short hair and the shinest gem stone you'd ever see. She was a big heavier than the average moonstone and only a slight bit taller. She was perfect to me though. She absolutely loved permafusion and it's all she ever talked about. She wanted to try it so badly. She even once said she wanted to join the crystal gems so she could."

My eyes light up and I smile, only to remember that the gem who had said those things was in pieces. "Did you...?"

"No! I would never shatter a gem!"

I raise an eyebrow and look at her, "Really? Cause I remember differently."

She huffs, "Okay but you're the only one I've tried to. It was white who shattered her and she was a gift from blue. One day, in my room. I was with my gems but quickly had them all off doing jobs for me. Except her. She was happy to be alone with me and I didn't mind. I didn't expect her to..."

"To what, Wolfie?"

"To try and fuse with me. She asked politely and I declined since that only got Pink Pearl in trouble. She insisted anyway and grabbed my hand. She tried to dance with me and I almost let her but...White came in at a bad time and that was the last time I saw her."

"Wolfie...I'm so sorry that-"

"There's nothing to be sorry for. I think I'll head out on a walk around the beach. Do me a favour and put this back in my gem?"

She hands me the bubbled shards and holds out her hand, her gem glowing. I think for a second and shake my head, "I'll put it in the temple. It'll be safer!"

She looks at me unsure but nods cautiously. I smile and walk into the house, but instead of going to the bubble room, I go to the warp and go to moms fountain. Maybe the diamonds water could heal shards too.

I walk to the fountain and think for a second before popping the bubble and taking the shards in my hands. I piece them together to the way I think is correct and sigh heavily, " This better work..no one deserves to suffer like this. Not Moonstone, not Red. Not anyone. I nee to help this gem."

I hop into the water with the gem in my hands, holding it in the shape that I thought was correct. I look at it before dipping my hands into the water, keeping the gem under. I wait for a few minutes before groaning, "It isn't working! I can't believe I thought that-OH MY GOD!"

The gem glowed brightly and rose from the water, becoming one piece and starting to form. I jump out of the water and step back. The gem had a harsh landly, falling straight onto the concrete.

"H-Hi...I'm steven!"

The gem looks up at me and I assumed she would lunge at me, but instead she shows me one of the warmest smiles I've ever seen.

"Hiya! I'm moonstone! Would you mind telling m-jndubuwgvedycgviabucmjhjhmjghhghhjcvgvcAHHHushbcodhbcyudt"

I jump as she starts glitching. She was still slightly cracked so I run up to her, pulling her arm and spitting on her gem. She freezes before smiling again as if nothing happened, "Oh Hello Pink diamond! I didn't recognise you!"

I freeze, "H-How did you...? Y'know what? Nevermind. We gotta take you to Wolfie! She'll be so happy to see you!"

She pulls her arm away from me and sighs, "My diamond? I'm afraid I....I can't face her after what I did."

"Yeah, Yeah you tried to fuse with her without permission blah blah sad backstory been there done that! Wolfie told me! She forgave you from the moment you were shattered."

"Shattered...?"