Chapter 28

Steven's P.O.V

Blue and Yellow look up in shock,

"She must...be with white!"

I panick slightly and beg the gems to come out of their gems when suddenly Yellow and Blue's ship fly in and start attacking White

"Yellow! Blue! Did you have a hand in this?"

"No! White! We swear that wasn't us!"

"Then who...?"

Yellow's hand lies to the ground and me and Connie excitedly cheer as Bismuth appears in the palm on it.

"I've always wanted to uppercut an uppercrust!"

"Bismuth!"

We run excitedly toward her and smile with relief,

"You came!"

"Heck Yeah we did!"

"We?"

"Of Course!"

Next, A Blue bubble rises from the palm of Blue's ship.

"You thought we wouldn't be here at a time like this?!"

"Lapis Lazuli and Peridot!"

They fly over to us quickly,

"That felt great!"

"Wasn't that cool steven? Check out the awesome job we did fixing up those hand ships!"

The thumb falls off

"...Who needs thumbs?"

"Very Cute, Glad to see we're having fun. However, White Diamond has certain issues with your conduct that need to be addressed before we move forward."

The voice of White's Pearl catchs us off guard but yellow quickly reacts,

"Steven! Quickly! Use one of our ships to get home!"

"Huh?"

"Yes! You have a chance! Take my arm...Fly to earth...Yellow and I will keep White distracted..."

"Blue...Yellow..."

"Don't worry Steven..We understand now."

"This way of living...It must have been like torture for you. Just go! She's getting up!"

"no...No! Pink diamond ran away from you! Rose Quartz started a war with you! But...I don't wanna run! I don't wanna fight, I just wanna talk! We've come so far just to get White diamond's attention and now we've got it! If we can fix our family, we can fix everything!"

Blue shakes in fear at a sudden realization,

"But in order to fix it, we need to admit that it's broken..."

"She'll never want to hear that."

"But it's the truth!"

Connie sighs and steps slightly toward the diamonds,

"My mom back on earth used to have so many rules for me to follow...it was so overwhelming and it made me feel miserable!  After I told her how I was feeling, things got way better between us! She even let me come out to space to help steven! If White knew how unhappy she's made you feel, maybe everything would change!"

They pause for a moment after Connie's speech but blue speaks up.

"What do you say Yellow? Do you think White might actually listen to us for a change?"