Chapter 33

It was hard to watch them try get along. I could tell they wanted to spare my feelings. Make me think it's possible for them to get along. It has to work! I have to make it work!

I notice the most tension between the pearls, so I'll start there!

"Pearl, Lilac, Red. I notice you guys are a bit hesitant to talk to each-"

"Of course we are! Lilac betrayed me and Pearl left me! I don't want to talk to pebbles like them!"

"Red..calm down..I'm sure you can talk things out, right guys?"

I look to Lilac and Pearl but they take a minute. They think and think until Pearl speaks.

"I didn't want to leave you behind but...I knew you wouldn't want to leave Wolfie."

Red sighs and looks to the ground

"Yeah. You're right. I can make up with you but..not..HER!"

She points to Lilac and scoffs

"You used me! Put my safety on the line so you could help out the crystal gems! You betrayed my trust!"

Lilac looks down.

"I-i'm....s-sorry.."

"Sorry doesn't cut it"

Red storms off causing me to sigh and follow her quickly.

She's sitting on the porch of the house and I sit next to her.

"Are you gonna talk about it?"

"...No."

"Please?"

"....ugh..fine. I can't say no to you.."

I smile lightly at her and listen,

"All the change around just has me...so frustrated! Lilac used me! She put me in danger when I thought she cared! Ans now we're going to earth to learn how to accept the crystal gems?! This is all changing so fast and I feel like...if I don't speed up, i'll be left behind and no one will care. I don't know how to adjust to this all! How can everyone do it so quickly? I'm so...scared..."

"Pearl...I think you'll adjust just fine...and as for lilac...everyone deserves second chances."

And with that, I get up and walk away, leaving her to sit in her thoughts.