Chapter 31

Soon, We're back at the beach, continuing the party that we interrupted. Peridot comes toward me and sits next to me.

"So...I suppose you're going home...with the diamonds."

"Yeah...I'm needed on Homeworld."

She sighs,

"I just wish you didn't have to leave. It feels like everytime I get you back, you're always taken away again."

I look over to her and sigh. Seeing her sad face made me regret wanting to go home. She says something that strikes a cord with me.

"I just wish we never got separated in the first place.."

I nod and sigh before standing up and going in front of her. I grab her hand.

"Then why not come back? Plenty of crystal gems are going back to see friends from before the war. I could get you put into my colony! We would never be separated again!"

She sighs and shakes her head.

"My home is earth now. It'll never feel like a true home without you but...I wanna stay here!"

I sigh and smile, shaking my head.

"I thought you'd say that..."

She grabs my other hand and sighs.

"Why don't you stay on earth?"

I look around at all of the people and gems that I had gotten to know. I guess I made a life here. I couldn't leave that behind. But i'd have to leave my life on Homeworld in the past. Occasional visits was all I would get. In the end though, I think i'd like to stay on earth.

"Okay Peri...I'll stay."

She smiles and hugs me tightly.

After a while of sitting and talking I see Steven playing a song of the cliff. Pearl, Garnet and Amethyst walk over.

"Room for three more?"

"Always."

I sigh and smile, walking over.

"Make that Four more."

He smiles and nods. Amethyst turns his head to him.

"Whatcha playin?"

"Well I had an Idea, A song Idea! But also an idea idea!"

"Let's hear it."

"Yeaah!"

"Yes please!"

"Go on steven!"

"I don't need you to respect me, I respect me.  I don't need you to love me, I love me. But I want you to know you could know me. If you change your mind...if you change your mind....If you change your mind...Change your mind~..."