Chpt 21

Desire nova Frasure POV
Chicago IL home
1472 words

•••••••••••••••••••••••

" mowmow you need to sit down always moving you know you sick" I tell my grandma.

My grandma is like my mama my mama and daddy were their physically but not really emotionally. My mowmow was there physically and emotionally I appreciate her cause she didn't have to take care of me of make sure I was raised right but she did. I'm the only child on my mother and fathers side, my mama the only child and my daddy got hella sibling I haven't met them tho.

" girl leave me the fuck lone I'm sick not disabled.... got damn" she said the last part to herself walk-in into the kitchen. I laughed shaking my head.

                          Stinks🤕💜
                   Would like to FaceTime......

" hey princess" zaza smiles when my face appeared. I turn my head so he won't see me blush.
" hey" I smile shyly
" you ok?" I nod. " when you comin back home"
" Awwwe stinka you miss me" I coo'd he smack his lips stale facing me.
" nah I was just gonna say when you on your way pick me up some honeybuns I'm dry"

Who tf— nigga betta be playin
" baby chill" he says when he sees my finger going towards the screen to end the call. " how my ole lady doin"

He meet my grandma, she like his ass the way she be taking his side I think she like him more than me. MY NIGGA can't do no wrong in her eyes.

"I'm tellin mama you cheatin and Killa gonna beat yo ass " that's his play wife too when Killa not around.  Sometimes. " plus she old yo ass nasty."

" I don't mind no wrinkled shirt so I couldn't mine licking on sum wrinkled skin" I scrunch my face up when I see he has a serious expression on his face. I hang up cause no just fucking no.

I jump up from my criss cross position on the couch. When I hear a thud, I admiddity run you the kitchen ignoring my phone ringing.

My grandma is all I have if I lose her that's like losing a limb I mean sure you can go on without it but you'll always know it's missing. You'll never get that feeling when you stretch, get numb, or the warmth of the other leg when touch. My grandma is the say way if I lose her I lose a leg. I won't feel her hugs, kisses, warmth,love; she'll never get to see me get married or hold my hand and guide me when I have children she'll never be able to give me advise about life or the struggles of being a young mixed woman growing up in a cold world anymore.

I know death is I inevitable but that doesn't mean your always ready for it cause it can come at anytime. At a time like this I wish my mother and father were here but 'they've got important work to do' that's why my ass don't really care for them now cause they can't prioritize. Don't have a kid if you ain't a family person, you can be the most finically stable person in the world but if you ain't there emotionally then you worthless to a child. 

" grandma" I huff when I see her picking up the mixer. " that thing heavy why is you trying to lift that"
" cause little girl I'm not disabled"  she folds her arms defiantly.

Omg this woman is gonna be the death of me.
" you know what" I shake my head about to walk back outta the kitchen until she calls my name. I walk over to her bending down to pick the mixer up before setting it on the counter.

Before I go back to the living room I go upstairs and grab one of my fleece fluffy blankets. Me and zaza always lay up under it. I lay down on the couch turning on the t.v. My phone rings again I answer without looking at the caller I'd.

" hello?"
"HELLO? I just called you like ten times and all you gonna say is— I'm done bruh" grandma lover hangs up. I call him back and he answer on the second try.

" you mad at me?" I ask softly watching him roll up a blunt.
" nah" he answers without even looking at the phone.
" I didn't do it on purpose I thought mowmow fell then we started talking and I went upstairs" I explain
" ok" he says but I can tell by the way he said it; whatever I said went in one ear and out the other. He looks ver to the side when somebody calls his name. " pussy ass boi" he shouts
" imma call you later princess ok?" I nod 'sadly'
"what's wrong?" He sighs
" I just don't won't you to get hurt or sent to jail because of your pride. I care about you a lot zaheim and I don't want to lose you no type of way in any shape or form" I tell him seriously

" awwe you care about a nigga?" He teases I chuckle closing my eyes. He can't never take shit serious.
" baby imma be ok stop worrying; you got enough on your plate take care of your 'mowmow' but most importantly take of your self. I got me and you, as long as you good  I'm good and we good princess stop stressing. Plus i got somebody to come home to so imma make sure I get their." I nod. " use that pretty ass mouth of your" I blush smiling showing all 32 teeth.
Ugh

" ok you gonna come see me tonight?"
" am I?? Girl please" he scoffs waving his hand in the camera. I laugh then the phone call falls into silence as we just stare at each other through the phone. " HOMICIDE"
" DONT BE YELLIN ATME BITCH ILL KILL YOU" zaza screamed back coldly. Then when he turned to me his face softened.

" imma call you later princess" He hung up before I could respond. He always does that ole rude ass nigga.
I hate it here

Kira POV

I wake up when I hear shuffling around. I groan and turn over into jaja but he's not there, opening my eyes I see him coming out the closet with a duffle bag and all black on.
He tucks a gun in his waistband and heads for the door. I stare at him as he turns around and walks towards the bed his attention on his phone so he doesn't even look up.
When he walks over to the side I was previously on before I rolled over his eyebrows come together until he finally looks at me.

He doesn't say anything just pulls me to him pulling me into a hug kissing his forehead. He pulls me into a kiss. It's not like our usual kisses it's his I probably won't be back kiss; that I miss you kiss. I know this because we've had one of these kisses about twice now whenever he goes to do something dangerous.

As much as I want to stop him, I can't and I won't because that will only drive us apart and I can't spot him from doing what allows him to provide for himself. I always tell him that their are other ways but he just says it's all he knows, I don't think it is I just think it's just and easy way.

" pookie" I say against his lips.
" baby you know how this go, I always try my hardest to come back and I do don't I?" I nod feeling a lump in my throat. He pecks my lips again.
" baby don't cry" he whispers in a soft low tone wiping the tears that I didn't even know where falling.
" I I just g-get sca-red s-s-ome-times" I cry harder.
" go to sleep and imma be back when you wake up" he pauses lifting my chin. Hesitantly he says" I promise" he licks his bottom lip. I nod reluctantly laying back down.
" you want me to stay until you fall asleep?" I look up at him which sad eyes.
" you gonna get in trouble" it was more of a question than a statement.

Instead of answering he kicks his shoes off laying down pulling my back to his chest. I let out a sigh and minutes later my eyelids start to feel heavy again, I try to fight it but I lose.
" I love you" is the last thing I hear before I feel a kiss on my shoulder.

_______________________________

Vote + comment