One

Zamani 'marie' Andrews
Chicago il 6am
••••••••••••••••••
"
MANI...." I hear my mama yell from upstairs.
I swear that lady always yelling she need a damn muzzle sometimes.

I pull my covers over my head and just stare at my white ceiling.
Damn I'm really going to school without Kira .

Kira is my best friend shit in fact she's my only friend. We been cool since 3rd grade, when I first saw her I thought she was just a girly girl.

She proved me wrong when this wanna be ' BULLY'  Ashanti bumped into her and stepped on her mikes. She took off her earrings so fast, then Ashanti  followers stepped up. That's when I said sum and Ever since then we been cool. That's my dawg fosho

I hope this year I don't have any problems cause last year I had hella problems. That's or why they was finna expell my lil ass but my mama said fuck that and transferred me before that went on my transcript.

This year I got a plan.
I'm just gonna focus on my grades and that's all cause I need to get my shit tog-.

My mama calling my name snapped me out of my thoughts.

I rolled out of bed and knew I had to hurry up and get to the bathroom not because my mama yelling my name but because my little brother Armani will get in their and take all day. He going to six grade this year so all summer he been talking about he "finna pull all the little hoes" whenever he say that I just shake my head cause his lil ass a clown. Someone got into his head and told him he was cute they need to stop cause he not.

Damn . I meant ally wince when I see my reflection .
Not that I'm ugly or nun but you know how in the movies motherfuckers be waking up like models and shit.

Well that ain't what I look like. I got slob on the side of my mouth, eye boogers, my bonnet half way on my head. That's how you know somebody slept good when they got them sleep marks all over they face and arms.

After doing my hygiene i part my hair down the middle and make two puff balls with a swope and do my edges. I decide to dress basic with a Nike windbreaker and my gamma blue elevens with ripped fashion nova jeans.

Damn I don't got no book bag. Going to my closet I collect my black MCM bag
" Siri facetime Kira"
" FaceTiming Kira Purple Heart kiss adorable kiss face emojicon"

When she answers I see that she is knelt down with her phone set up on something and her hands folded mumbling incoherent words. I stale face her when she touches her forehead, right/left shoulder, then the middle of her chest and say amen.
She finally looks at me and bust out laughing while I just continue to  mug her.
" bitch that ain't funny you playing with the lord"
" girl cool it on that noise I was just praying for your demonic ass to have a good first day at your new school" she saying when she finnaly stops laughing  I smack my lips before speaking

" anyway ...... how'd you sleep?" I ask
" like a baby as usual you?" This is our morning routine
" decent yo mama woke me up yelling my name as usual" she swear my mama is hers but I do the same with her
" bitch get off my mama top" just then my mama bust in my room walking to where I am

" I swear she stay sucking my dick" I scrunch my face up " and stop all that cursing in my damn house" she adds smacking on the back of my head " Kira you to the fuck"

" yes ma'am " we say inusion
"Anyway how you been baby?" Mama asks  Kira.
I just roll my eyes and tune out there conversation.

They real close, my mama and Kira mama went to college together and stuff you could say they like best friends . Even though kira mama don't be around like that. We see her every blue moon.