Chapter 45

Taehyung woke up to a few concerned faces leaning over him. His mother, Jimin, and Jungkook, who was also holding his hand.

Physician Lee, King Min, and Chaeyoung were waiting farther from the bed.

"Taebear, you are finally awake. We were so worried," Lady Kim said.

"Your highness..." Jimin wailed before he threw himself onto Taehyung's chest gently— making sure he avoided Taehyung's stomach area by a wide margin— and hugged his best friend. Taehyung patted Jimin on his back in a comforting manner.

Yoongi tensed for a moment before he relaxed. His Jimin can have friends too, and he trusts that he is the only one in Jimin's heart.

"I'm fine," Taehyung reassured everyone. He locked eyes with Jungkook and smiled, squeezing the King's hand to show that he's here and he is okay. Jungkook's smile was subtle, but his eyes were overflowing with warmth and relief as he looked at nothing else but Taehyung.

The moment did not go unnoticed by Lady Kim. She had suspected the two had gotten closer since the King and Taehyung had visited the Kim residence together, and she is glad for her child, who seems to be happier than when he just entered the palace.

"Excuse me please," Physician Lee interrupted and everyone made way for the physician to conduct a check-up.

Physician Lee unwrapped the bandages to check the wound and also felt Taehyung's skin for a fever. He reported the results, "the wound is healing well with no signs of infection. I have just removed the bandages. As mentioned before, please call for a physician immediately if there are signs of a fever as that is an indication of infection. We will reduce the number of check-ups to once every two days. Your highness, it is safe for you to move about, but do refrain from vigorous activities, such as matters of the night, for the next few days."

Physician Lee then called for Chaeyoung to follow him to obtain the new prescription. Physician Lee left, not at all bothered about the effects of his words on a certain couple.

"It might be difficult at your age, but it is good to refrain for these few days, child," Lady Kim told Taehyung, nodding her head in agreement. She then stood up, "I will go now, your father would want to hear about your recovery."

Taehyung blinked rapidly. What did he just hear?

"Your highness, it wouldn't be good to overwork and tear open your wound," Jimin said as well. He also rose from his position and said, "I'm heading out with King Min, so I will see you later."

In a moment, King's personal chambers was left with just Jungkook and Taehyung, whose minds were reeling from the words exchanged moments ago.

Both were thinking the same thing. Now that things are a little different from the past, with Taehyung and Jungkook both opening their hearts, would their relationship change, including the... physical aspect?

"W-what are you doing?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook walked over and placed a knee on the bed.

Jungkook looked amused at Taehyung who was backing up against the bed. He never thought he would see his First Royal Consort flustered.

Jungkook lowered his body, his face hovering slightly above Taehyung's chest on the bed. He reached an arm out to grasp Taehyung's hand. Jungkook said, "I was thinking that now your bandages are off..."

Taehyung swallowed, wondering what Jungkook's next words would be, as the King eyed him up and down.

Physician Lee had said not to have any vigorous activities...right?

"Maybe you would want to have a bath? Wash your hair and all that? You might not have enough strength after lying down for a few days so let me help you up."