Chapter 46

It is a period where Jungkook is learning about his consort in close proximity. He had woken up to warmth on his arm and a numb leg, to see Taehyung wrapping his torso around Jungkook's right arm and leg thrown over Jungkook's.

Soft snores were leaving Taehyung's lips, naturally drawn in a pout when he sleeps.

Is he real? Jungkook could not help but wonder. Could this be another dream of his, where there are no other consorts, prophecy, or actions made by their fathers which had hurt them both? Only the Gods above know how the young King had craved for those dreams when nighttime falls.

For what had Jungkook done to deserve such a beautiful and charming angel who would stick through thick and thin, and put his life down for him?

Jungkook swooped in for a peck, smiling when he confirms yes, those soft lips are indeed real, and he feels his energy getting charged for the day.

He wishes to wake up to this everyday.

He then signalled for the attendant to be quiet as he was helped with washing up and wearing his robes for Court.

•—•—

"We're getting married in a month. Jimin will move to the Min Kingdom with me."

"Yoonie, you can't say it like that!" Jimin gasped. There should be at least some preamble. By the Gods, Jimin is not at all ready.

Taehyung blinks slowly and sets his tea down. "Jimin, maybe we could talk inside."

"Uh, o-okay."

Yoongi squeezes Jimin's hand. "If it doesn't work out, I will talk to him, hm?" His words squeezed out the tension in Jimin's shoulders in an instant.

Jimin gives Yoongi a quick smile before he follows Taehyung into the King's chambers, leaving King Min and King Jeon in the hall.

While faster than expected, Taehyung was not too surprised by the news. The two had been stuck to the hip and when they were not talking, they must be connected somehow, whether it is to sit side by side or to hold their hands. And when they looked at each other, it was as if nothing else mattered.

Taehyung sits himself in a chair. "Jimin, here, sit." Taehyung regards his friend's anxious expression.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier..." Jimin mumbled.

He holds his hand and smiles tenderly. "Jimin, you should know that I would never stop you from doing what you want. I only want to know if you are willing to go with him."

There is nothing else Jimin wants than to be with his Yoonie for the rest of his life. Even then, he finds the time too short.

"I do, with all my heart," Jimin admits. "But..."

But how could he leave Taehyung alone?

Taehyung cups Jimin's face gently. He knows what the boy is thinking. He is never one to keep the truth off his face. "Jimin, you are more of a brother than a friend or attendant to me. There is nothing more important than your happiness. I only know now that there is no greater blessing to be with the one the heart yearns for. Go, I am no weakling who needs protection.